INNOPHASE is a rapidly growing ultralow-power wireless semiconductor startup with headquarters located in San Diego, CA. We are developing complete wireless solutions with significantly differentiated power dissipation/performance tradeoffs. Our innovative technology also dramatically improves wireless product flexibility and ease-of-use for product developers. We are looking for driven candidates to join our fast-paced and motivated team to drive excellence in our 5G products. This role is an excellent opportunity for someone that enjoys driving the critical path and making a significant impact in launching products into the market and winning!
As a Principal Engineer, you will lead and contribute towards our execution and design verification of IP, SoC plans. You will work closely with our verification team in the US, India and Sweden.
- Construct IP, SoC level test benches using verification components developed at the IP level. Test bench architecture for random/directed testing, stimulus generation, and checking to include custom and off the shelf VIP/UVCs.
- Develop and execute SoC verification plans focused on IP block interoperability and SOC/System level. Develop and execute verification plans based on design specifications and collaboration with architects and designers.
- Construct HW/SW Co-Verification
- Be part of a dynamic and functionally diverse team with opportunities for gaining exposure to modeling (TLM), HW emulation/acceleration, and SW driven verification.
- Utilize constrained random verification, functional coverage, code coverage and assertions to achieve goals.
- Master’s degree in engineering (or equivalent).
- 10+ years of experience in design verification - Proven experience in full chip verification from test plan development to tape-out sign-off.
- Experience constructing chip-level System Verilog and UVM test bench environments, writing System Verilog Assertions (SVAs), with embedded software design and test.
- Experience executing block or chip-level verification plans.
- Experience with HW/SW Co-Verification - Developing test benches, test cases/use-cases, APIs, their execution, and debug.
- Excellent debug skills, with experience debugging RTL in block and/or chip-level environments.
- Extensive experience with a variety of verification tools and environments, and a deep understanding of their differences and capabilities to optimize the right methodology with schedules as the top priority.
- Experienced in SystemVerilog, UVM, and scripting languages like Python and Tcl.
- Expertise in using industry standard simulation tools such as NC Verilog, VCS, QuestaSim, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, energetic and self-motivated.
- Prior ARM or similar System on a Chip (SoC) product development experience
- Good knowledge and understanding of wireless technology standards and protocol stack software
- Experience with the product development lifecycle from inception and design to bring-up, optimization, verification and commercialization
- Experience using Git and Jira tools, and knowledge of modern software development flows e.g. Agile / Lean
- Be able to work productively and independently
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency to meet product needs on time