Principal SWE, Firewall/Web Proxy at Zscaler (South Bay)
For over 10 years, Zscaler has been disrupting and transforming the security industry. Our 100% purpose built cloud platform delivers the entire gateway security stack as a service through 150 global data centers to securely connect users to their applications, regardless of device, location, or network in over 185 countries protecting over 4,500 companies and 100 Million threats detected a day.
We work in a fast paced, dynamic and make it happen culture. Our people are some of the brightest and passionate in the industry that thrive on being the first to solve problems. We are always looking to hire highly passionate, collaborative and humble people that want to make a difference.
Each day Zscaler's Cloud processes over 150 billion transactions with near-zero latency to instantly secure over 16 million users in 180+ countries. All transactions are logged which provides unparalleled visibility into the Zscaler cloud. We are looking for data scientists with experience applying machine learning and modeling techniques, including natural language processing, anomaly detection, optimization, and time series forecasting, toward different product areas. The ideal candidate would have a curiosity to dive deep into log data and enjoy discovering patterns that drive new insights.
We are looking for a talented, high-energy, team player to be part of a team developing a Firewall and Web proxy solution delivered as a service through the cloud.
- 12+ years software development experience in large-scale commercial networking oriented applications.
- Experience in Load balancers, IPS/IDS, Routers, Firewall products in multi-threading / multi-core / fault tolerant real-time embedded platforms.
- Expert-level programming skills in C/UNIX/RTOS.
- Strong in fundamentals - TCP/IP, High performance Computing, Event based programming, Fault Tolerance etc.
- Familiar with complete software development cycle.
- Self-starter, quick-learner, able to multi-task, and collaborate with others in a team environment.
- BS/MS degree (Engineering/Computer Science)
- Experience with FreeBSD based networking solutions.
- Knowledge of HTTP and web proxies.
- Experience in Cloud based Networking solutions is plus.
- Some small company/startup experience .
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.