Do you want to help a small company make a BIG difference in space? Do you take ownership of your job and responsibility for your actions? Then come work for Red Canyon and help us continue our mission of helping humankind reach the stars!
Red Canyon Software is looking for a a Software Testing Principal to join a team of testers to test the Roman Space Telescope (RST) Flight Software. This position is located at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) in Greenbelt, MD, but remote candidates may be considered.
Slated to launch in the end of 2026, the Roman Space Telescope is a NASA observatory designed to unravel the secrets of dark energy and dark matter, search for and image exoplanets, and explore many topics in infrared astrophysics.
Job Duties Include:
- Attitude Control System Flight Software test development and execution.
- Requirement analysis.
- Test scenario development.
- Test procedure development.
- Test result analysis and documentation.
- Progress reporting to Management.
- Software configuration management.
- Software integration and testing.
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- 2+ years of software testing.
- Experience with ASSIST and STOL procedure development.
- Experience with Gitlab and Jira.
- Experience with software testing.
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent advanced technical tasks including troubleshooting and providing end user technical support while working with competing priorities while meeting deadlines that are important to project success independently and under general direction.
- Ability to approach difficult, advanced, and complex problems with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Effective interpersonal skills necessary to interact with all levels of personnel and ability to work independently in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills required to prepare, present, and document advanced technical information and test reports.
Red Canyon Engineering and Software: “Exploring Other Planets, Improving our Own”
Red Canyon contracts with NASA, NOAA, NREL, JPL, and DOD, in addition to customers such as Lockheed Martin Space, Raytheon, Sierra Nevada Corporation, a.i. solutions, Walt Disney Imagineering, SAIC, Ball Aerospace, SpaceX, Honeywell, KBRwyle, Maxar, Blue Origin, and Moog. We specialize in building spacecraft, developing renewable energy technologies to help make our planet a better world and cutting edge research and development. Our disciplines include systems engineering, mechanical design, structural analysis, real time flight and ground software, simulation software, user interface software, and mission management software. We help our contractors with the full life cycle of product development from requirements to test and delivery.
Some of the programs we have previously or currently worked on include: Human Lander System, Artemis I-II, WorldView Legion V, Perseverance, InSight Dream Chaser, Psyche, Mars 98, Odyssey 01, Stardust, Genesis and Deep Impact, Mars Phoenix, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, Orion, Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, GOES-R, OSIRIS-REx, Maven, JUNO, Grail, and the MarsFlight and LunarSIM Simulation. We also work on classified programs.
Red Canyon’s home office is located in scenic Denver, Colorado, and our regional office is in historic downtown Titusville, Florida. We are a small company that maintains a flat organization to decrease our overhead and costs to our customers. Our number one focus is to solve some of the most complicated engineering problems humankind is facing.
We have a fun and talented team of engineers and we are committed to our engineers continued success and development. Included in our employment package are immediate HUBZone bonus, health benefits, profit sharing, referral bonuses, and a generous 401(K) retirement plan.
Red Canyon Software, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Red Canyon Software, Inc does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
More Information on Red Canyon Engineering & Software
Red Canyon Engineering & Software operates in the Aerospace industry. The company is located in Denver, CO. Red Canyon Engineering & Software was founded in 2000. It has 36 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Remote Work Program. To see all 12 open jobs at Red Canyon Engineering & Software, click here.
Read Full Job Description