Method is a global design and engineering consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful and human. We craft practical, powerful digital experiences that improve lives and transform businesses. Our teams [based in New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, London, and remote] work with a wide range of organizations in many industries, including Healthcare, Financial Services, Retail, Automotive, Aviation, and Professional Services.
Method is seeking a Principal Software Engineer to join our Engineering and Delivery organization. In this role you will work alongside developers, product strategists, project managers, and technical leadership to design and build complex solutions to our clients’ needs. If you have experience creating and documenting software architecture from scratch, please read on.
You would work with clients to help them design and deliver software that addresses their needs. As a Principal Architect, you are responsible for listening to stakeholders, compiling their needs, and designing systems to meet these needs. You will be the technical lead on the design and build phases of our projects, leveraging your knowledge of architectural patterns, software delivery, and continuous deployment. You will also work with senior technical people at Method to educate and mentor the rest of the technical organization, keeping us up-to-date on the many directions of the software world.
- Lead project teams from a technical perspective guiding development efforts across a team of engineers.
- Architect software systems that help build pragmatic software solutions for our clients.
- Mentor team members to help them grow and develop inside of project work.
- Write code to help a project move toward great outcomes when appropriate.
- Understand client systems, how they interact and can map out an evolution of those systems.
- Have written and delivered software in production as part of a team
- Have respectable technical writing skills
- Work well with others
- Are comfortable challenging the status quo and thinking outside the box
- Are always looking for ways to automate your toil
- Can explain various architectural patterns, their pros and cons.
- Are interested in improving the software delivery lifecycle using frameworks like Kubernetes and tools like Docker or Vagrant.
- Are comfortable working in polyglot environments (at some point you’ll need to debug code written in Java, nodejs, python, groovy, and/or golang)
- Are ready to help inform “build vs. buy” decisions
- Could field questions on topics like “DevOps,” “12 factor,” “Microservices,” “Continuous Delivery“ and “Serverless”
- Enjoy mentoring other developers and spreading your knowledge
We look for individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our employees are excited to collaborate with dispersed and diverse teams that bring together the best in thinking and making. We champion the ability to listen, and believe that critique and dissonance lead to better outcomes. We believe everyone has the capacity to lead and look for proactive individuals who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Method sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.
* For information on how we process your personal data please see Privacy.
* If you are a California resident, more details on how we process your personal information can be found in the CCPA Recruitment Privacy Notice (https://www.globallogic.com/privacy/ccpa-recruitment-privacy-notice/)"