Hi, we’re TechnologyAdvice.
At TechnologyAdvice, we pride ourselves on helping B2B tech buyers manage the complexity and risk of the buying process. We are a trusted source of information for tech buyers, delivering advice and facilitating connections between our buyers and the world’s leading sellers of business technology.
Established in 2006 out of our founder’s dorm room, we continue to expand our business. In 2021 we acquired TechRepublic, and in 2020, we acquired QuinStreet B2B, both leading resources for IT and business decision makers. These critical acquisitions included global teams of dynamic technology and media professionals to enhance our presences in the US, the UK, Singapore, and Australia. We now have more than 20 digital media brands and over 500 global team members, representing 12 languages.
Listed on the Inc. 5000 list of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies five times and a five-time recipient of the annual Tennessee Top Workplaces awards, we take both our growth and employee engagement seriously. We work hard each day, but we know how to have fun, too, with monthly virtual events, recreational slack channels, and the occasional costumed dance from our CEO.
TechnologyAdvice has grown rapidly over the past 3 years and is projected to continue growing throughout 2022. We’re looking for a Principal Engineer who can support our software development and architecture as we build new solutions to scale with our company’s growth. As a Principal Engineer, you’ll spec out and architect new software projects, drive implementation and adoption of best practices, and support the refinement, planning and development of new or improved features in close coordinate with our product management team. You’ll write code, and review the code of others to maintain software that our engineers and users love. You’ll be expected to be a leading contributor on the team while helping to enhance the talent of your teammates. This role will join our New Product Initiatives team, a small, agile team focused on rapid prototyping and development of new features to take advantage of opportunities for our software to add value to our business. The team primarily works on applications written in Laravel (Lumen) and Vue, deployed to AWS using Docker and Kubernetes.
How You'll Contribute…
- Building feature-complete software solutions to meet user story requirements
- Hands-on development, testing, debugging, and ongoing maintenance of both new and existing code
- Evaluating new technologies and prototyping solutions
- Author and maintain design documentation
- Sharing best practices and supporting adoption by the team
- Organize workload to meet deadlines as assigned by leadership
- Develop a working knowledge of the company's data, products, and services in order to better understand internal and external client needs
- Ensure leadership is informed of schedules, timelines, statuses, issues, mitigations, and all other information
- Interact with other key staff members on the design and execution of certain tasks
- Lead peer code reviews for quality assurance and to maintain best practices
- Perform root cause analysis on data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- 8+ years of software development experience
- Excellent programming, testing, and debugging skills
- Experience with PHP and modern MVC frameworks like Laravel
- Experience with reactive front end frameworks like Vue
- Robust knowledge of SQL and relational databases such as MySQL
- Familiarity with Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, AWS tools, microservices architecture patterns, and continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Must be flexible with a “can-do” attitude and have the ability to remain professional under high-pressure situations
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to multitask
- Excellent time management and planning skills are essential
- Ability to retain and protect confidential material
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in software engineering or business analytics
- Specific in-depth experience with Laravel/Lumen and Vue
- Experience with Python and frameworks like FastAPI
- Experience with AWS tools like Redshift, Kinesis, Firehose, and others
- Experience with lambdas and serverless architecture
Why You Want Us...
- Remote, hybrid, and in-office work options - your choice!
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, and disability)
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Flexible paid time off, take time off when you need it!
- Paid maternity and parental leave
- Bucket List Benefit: We’ll financially help you check something off your bucket list
- Subscription reimbursement to the Headspace App
- Monthly fitness membership reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Ongoing career development meetings, professional development opportunities, and incentives
- Milestone celebrations for birthdays, weddings, work achievements, and moreI think we ad
- In-office coffee, snacks, ping pong, beer on Fridays, and catered lunches 4 days/week
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
We believe that our differences make us stronger and foster a diverse and inclusive culture where people feel safe being themselves. TechnologyAdvice is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Pre-employment screening required.