Principal Software Engineer - macOS at Veeva
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:14 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, December 1, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day.
This is a top macOS development job that incorporates everything you’ve worked so hard for. And with the mission of creating cloud software that helps speed up the innovation and delivery of critical treatments and medicines to patients around the globe, it simply doesn’t get any more important than this.
Your impact as a seasoned technical problem-solver means that you will be focused on building a new macOS application that can not only scale for heavy use, but that can also evolve with new features and capabilities. Our macOS application will be used by our pharmaceutical customers as they interact with health care providers around the globe. We need a highly technical, detailed, and creative engineer who is able to partner closely with fellow engineers and Product Managers. And because this senior role is independent, you will have equal influence to drive the direction of the build, be an advisor to product leadership and mentor freshly minted software engineers in their new careers.
What You'll Do
- Build large scale state-of-the-art macOS Applications using MVVM design principles
- Solve complex problems into solid solutions in a timely manner
- Leads technical strategy, find and investigate new technologies to present them for architectural review
- Directly collaborate with all product Stakeholders/Architects and contribute towards product definition and development
- Role model mentoring every member of the technical team
- Own features within your area of responsibility
- 10+ years of experience with macOS Application development using Swift/Objective C
- Multi-year experience with instrumentation and performance tuning of applications
- Proven ability to write clean, testable, efficient code in a team environment
- Authority with Object-Oriented Design, MVVM design principles, macOS UI design patterns, and standards
- Proven knowledge of macOS APIs, Cocoa, Appkit, and SwiftUI
- Experience working with Core Data and SQLite frameworks
- Experience with unit test implementation using dependency injection
- Excellent communication, teamwork, and organization skills
- Sound understanding of development process through all stages: requirements, development, testing, release, and customer support
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities
Nice to Have
- Experience with iOS App development
- Experience with CRM Applications
- Experience with Salesforce development platform
- Experience with building metadata-driven user interfaces
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]