As an e-commerce powerhouse, Vistaprint is a dynamic organization that maintains an exciting, entrepreneurial culture. With founder Robert Keane’s return as CEO, we’ve renewed our focus on empowering and helping small businesses. To do this, we create customer value (and delight) through accessible, cutting-edge technology. We thrive on providing opportunities for exploration, collaboration, innovation and growth – for both our customers and our team.
Cimpress Technology develops cutting-edge, best-in-world software that our mass customization businesses use to create personalized products for over 17 million global customers. Our Mass Customization Platform is comprised of modular, multi-tenant services. Our businesses can choose the solutions that work for them, or assemble any custom combination they need. This makes it easier and faster to do things like introduce new products, reach customers and track orders. And this kind of innovation keeps customers coming back. Just last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more.
We encourage our engineers to think like an owner – to continue to act small as we grow. Every team defines their own roadmaps, and uses the programming languages and technologies that suit them best. This helps us have a big impact at the enterprise level while still feeling small and nimble.
We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer for our Data Science Platform team. Working with a passionate global team, you will be responsible for hands-on solution architecture, technology strategy, technology vision, team management and building capabilities that enables Cimpress businesses to turn facts into competitive advantage at scale.
- Create solutions throughout the ML Lifecycle to enable diagnostic and predictive analytics capabilities
- Be curious about trends and emerging technologies in data science, participate in user communities, and share what you learn with your teammates
- Collaborate with our Data Scientists and Data Engineers to increase, improve and expand recommendation systems
- Work with your team and other technology teams in a cooperative environment to understand what customers need and iterate on solutions, adapting to feedback from customers.
- Bring new insights to the table; take your idea and turn it into a full-fledged product with the support of the broader Data Platform teams
- Contribute to a roadmap making data science products a core capability at Cimpress
- Working with AGILE principles
At Cimpress, we value the experiences that individual team members add to our culture. Please don't hesitate to apply even if you don't meet the exact qualifications, we look forward to learning more about you!
- 8+ years experience as a Software Engineer or similar role
- Machine Learning and modeling experience, specifically experience improving ML models including recommendations
- Experience building complex ETL data pipelines with scheduling and monitoring (e.g., with DBT, Spark and Airflow, or other tools) for batch processing and real-time data
- Strong programming skills in SQL and Python or R
- You have a strong interest in development using cloud technologies. Experience with AWS services including Lambda, Sagemaker, RDS, DynamoDB or CloudFormation or Azure/Google Cloud equivalents is a plus
- Experience building solutions supporting components of the ML Lifecycle
- Entrepreneurial Engineering chops to deliver end to end proofs of concept
- Have built REST APIs
- Containerization like Docker
- Experience with big data technologies/platforms such as Snowflake, ETL tools is a plus
Being at Cimpress means that you don’t see work as just a building, a desk or a manufacturing floor. You see it as a chance to take a step forward in your career journey – and your life. We strive to give you everything you need to learn, grow, and succeed. Through innovation, collaboration, and perpetual exposure to what’s next, we’re always pushing boundaries and broadening our horizons. We embrace the chance to operate outside of our comfort zone to discover what we’re capable of. Some might call that a challenge; we just call it another great day at work.
In 2020, Vistaprint adopted a Remote-First operating model and culture. We heard from our team members that having the freedom, autonomy and trust in each other to work from home and, the ability to operate when they are most productive, empowers them to be their best. Vistaprint also provides collaboration spaces for team members to work physically together when it's safe to do so and when in-person collaboration will deliver the best results. Currently we are enabled to hire remote team members in over 30 US States as well as several countries in Europe, including Spain, Germany, UK, Czech Republic, the Netherlands and Switzerland.
Led by founder and CEO Robert Keane, Cimpress invests in and helps build customer-focused, entrepreneurial mass customization businesses. Through the personalized physical (and digital) products these companies create, we empower over 17 million global customers to make an impression. Last year, Cimpress generated $2.88B in revenue through customized print products, signage, apparel, packaging and more. The Cimpress family includes a dynamic, international group of businesses and central teams, all working to solve problems, build businesses, innovate and improve.
Cimpress Tech, a Cimpress company, is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, citizenship, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender presentation, legal or preferred name, marital status, pregnancy, family structure, veteran status or any other basis protected by human rights laws or regulations. This list is not exhaustive and, in fact, in many cases, we strive to do more than the law requires.