Okta is the leading provider of identity and access management for enterprises. Every day, Okta enables millions of users to securely and seamlessly access their work resources to be productive. Devices are important part of Okta's mission to provide secure and seamless access to our customers. By bringing device security and compliance into access decisions, we limit access to known endpoints that meet our customers' security and compliance requirements. We can limit access to devices with up-to-date software, compliant policies and encryption to improve security. Similarly, we enhance user experience by leveraging platform's native capabilities enabling seamless access to corporate resources.
Customer Identity Team Description
The Customization Platform team is responsible for providing features that enable developers and IT administrators to customize the Okta platform for their unique applications. Every developer knows that 3rd party tools are great, but you need to customize them to meet the strict branding and experience requirements for your applications and services. The Customization Platform team makes this possible by building features into the Okta platform that facilitate the customization and integration of the vast array of applications and use cases that our customers bring to our platform a daily basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze/refine requirements with UX, UI teams for common reusable components, patterns and styles that need to be developed in the framework
- Develop reusable components to enable other teams to easily implement UIs with rich and consistent look and feel
- Work with management and architects to scope and plan engineering efforts and dependencies
- Participate in code reviews, retros, and other continuous improvement activities
Required skills and abilities
- Experience shipping user interfaces for production-grade applications in an agile, product oriented environment
- Strong experience with cross browser compatibility and optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of debugging scalable, high performance web applications built with reusability and componentization in mind
- Understanding of web security attacks and prevention
- Prior experience with or understanding REST (or designing API’s) highly desirable
- Knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and technologies: OAuth, OpenID Connect, SAML, Federation, SSO, etc.
Education and Training
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science