Principal Software Engineer, Identity Access Management - San Antonio, TX, Austin, TX or Dallas, TX at H-E-B
H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
H-E-B Digital is seeking new team members (Partners)! Since our inception, we've been investing heavily in our customers' digital experience, reinventing how they find inspiration from food, how they make food decisions, and how they ultimately get food into their homes. This is an exciting time to join H-E-B Digital, and we're hiring across the stack: front-end web and mobile, full-stack, and backend engineering. We're using the best available technologies to deliver modern, engaging, reliable, and scalable experiences to meet the needs of our growing audience. Our digital solutions are growing in popularity and adoption-like Curbside and Home Delivery-so you'll get the opportunity to define the user experience for millions of customers and hundreds of thousands of Partners. If you're someone who enjoys taking on new challenges, working in a rapidly changing environment, learning new skills, and applying it all to solve large and impactful business problems, we want you as part of our team.
Location: This position is an option to work in a Hybrid role from San Antonio, Austin or Dallas TX !
Our Partners thrive The H-E-B Way. In the Principal Software Engineer role, that means you have a...
HEART FOR PEOPLE... you have a passion for mentorship and guidance, and love for the direct person-to-person interactions that create strong bonds between teams
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... you have an ownership mentality and a consistent track record of timely delivery of high-quality software
PASSION FOR RESULTS... the ability to guide the discussion, remove roadblocks, and provide guardrails for your team as they identify challenges and propose solutions
Identity and Access Management at H-E-B
Our goal is to ensure both Security and Ease of use are top of mind as we deliver seamless onboarding and access experiences. The Identity and Access Management team is chartered with keeping our Partners and systems secure across multiple cloud and runtime environments.
As a Principal Software Engineer in Identity and Access Management, you will be responsible for collaborating with stakeholders across the organization to design and implement reliable IAM solutions that prevent attacks and drive down risk. You will mentor and develop engineers and continuously improve the engineering process. You will report directly to the Director of Identity and Access Management.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience partnering with Security organizations in areas such as governance, risk, and compliance
- Ownership mentality and consistent track record of successful, high-quality results
- Able to identify ambiguous requirements, providing clarity where needed
- Demonstrate inclusive behavior and cultivate diversity to generate a sense of belonging amongst your colleagues
- Drive to debug, instrument, and optimize code, describe system performance characteristics, and automate routine tasks
- Practiced understanding of users and systems across both public and private cloud environments
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and intrinsic motivation for Reliability and Observability
- Proficient with programming languages such as Python, Java, or Go and authorization and authentication technologies such as SAML, OIDC, LDAP, OAuth2, etc
- Able to communicate technical information and details effectively at all levels and understand customer systems
- Able to diagnose / troubleshoot the most complex issues independently
- Bachelor's degree in a field of or related to Engineering or Computer Science, or relevant work experience with a demonstrable track record of success
What You'll Do
- Support Security and Engineering Partners in analyzing complex business requirements, defining user-stories and acceptance criteria
- Coach and mentor engineers on building for failure, technical problem solving, and solution creation via code; enabling others to succeed
- Communicate technical and architectural visions at cross-team and organizational levels
- Define and drive migration to roles based access for all enterprise applications, cloud and on-prem
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure end-to-end integration, manage risks and address cross-org dependencies and impediments
- Enhance existing identity management practices, improving efficiency and structure to evolve with business needs
- Lead troubleshooting and major incident support, perform blameless postmortems, and drive action that improves reliability for the long term
- Ensure the user experience is fast, reliable, secure, and easy
- Recommend and demonstrate the value of iteration on processes / tools organization-wide based on industry standards, patterns and practices
- Provide strong technical representation of H-E-B Digital at external events (industry conferences, etc.)