We are seeking a Principal Software Engineer who is excited about creating innovative solutions to make life effortless for our customers! The kind of people we are looking for want to build optimized routing systems to efficiently deliver to our customers, create an end to end shopping experience that will delight our customers, devise warehouse management systems that enable us to always fulfill our customers' needs, or design mobile and web applications that are joyful to use. In short, we are looking for people who are eager to help create the future of Gopuff!
As a Principal Software Engineer, you will act as a force multiplier for our engineering teams to optimize the development and operational experience of our microservices architecture. Your primary responsibility will be to identify and monitor SLIs in pursuit of measurable SLAs. Run production updates, follow Agile SDLC in delivering tasks. Given the target, you will champion, design, build and continually improve the software stack while providing visibility to its operation in production.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applicationsImprove reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planningIntegrate with existing REST APIs, author new APIs, and expose the data to the frontend
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectivesPromote and support Gopuff Engineering's culture of inclusion and diversity
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or other highly technical / scientific discipline
- Experience building and operating services in a distributed environment
- Production experience with managing public cloud infrastructure (Azure Preferred)
- Strong experience with REST APIs, http verbs, JSON, XML, etc.
- Strong knowledge of UNIX and TCP/IP and HTTP fundamentals
- Experience with monitoring, metrics, and visualization tools (Application Insights, Icinga, Graphite, Prometheus, ELK, etc.)
- Experience with administering a RDBMS in a production environment, preferably MySQL, MS. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB and/or Cassandra
- Experience working on an engineering team building software, preferably microservices
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.
We also offer:
-Gopuff employee discount
-Career growth opportunities
-Internal rewards programs
-Annual performance appraisal and bonus
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it-stuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.