Principal Software Engineer (Front-End) at Seismic (Remote)
Seismic, a rapidly growing Forbes Cloud 100 company, is the global leader in enablement, helping make sales teams better by becoming more productive and engaging with buyers in a compelling way. Seismic’s platform provides continuous guidance to improve behavior, content, and skills to win more deals and deliver better experiences. Nearly 2,000 organizations including IBM and American Express have made Seismic their enablement platform of choice. Seismic integrates with business-critical platforms including Microsoft, Salesforce, Google and Adobe. Seismic is headquartered in San Diego, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia.
We’re looking for a savvy developer to join our passionate engineering team as a Principal Software Engineer and help us scale and grow our cloud-based systems and technologies with a keen eye towards software quality and operational excellence. As a tech “unicorn”, this is an amazing opportunity for the right person to play a major role in helping design and build essential core infrastructure of this pre-IPO software company, as we broaden our lead in the sales enablement space!
As a Principal Software Engineer on our Engagement Infrastructure team, you will play a vital part in designing and evolving foundational models and services that several engineering teams are dependent on. You will collaborate to build micro-service based systems responsible for helping our customers share content and information.
You will work closely with our product leads, engineering leads, and the other members of the team to continue the extraction of business-critical components/logic out of a monolith into a extensible and thoughtfully orchestrated microservice-based design and data model that sets Seismic up for the next ten years. This is an opportunity to work as an influential lead developer and make a difference at a mature, yet rapidly growing, tech company.
Who You Are:
- Experienced in front end development specifically with React and Typescript
- Strong proven record with user interface, interaction and accessibility best practices
- Experienced in writing robust and effective component APIs
- Experience contributing to Open Source/ Corporate Source projects
- Judicious in choice of libraries and tooling
What you will be doing:
- Migrate important business functionality to a more robust design and ensure seamless integration to the rest of the Seismic platform.
- Be a major player on a new engineering team, while driving technical and architectural decisions and collaborating across multiple remote teams.
- Collaborate with technical product owners, architects, and other software engineers to rapidly build, test, and deploy code in the creation of a redesigned set of foundational core models and well-orchestrated services – allowing new features to be brought to the Seismic platform faster, without compromising robustness, quality or maintainability
- Explore new technologies and industry trends and bring your findings to life in our products.
- Participate in and contribute towards code reviews, monitoring and alerting, automated testing, bug/issue triage, and documentation.
- Contribute to troubleshooting and continuous quality improvements.
What you bring to the team:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Software Development experience within a SaaS business.
- Experience with HTML/CSS/JS and modern SPA frameworks (React Vue.js, etc.)
- Experience working with microservice-based APIs (REST, GraphQL) as well as data structures and management (SQL, Kafka, JSON, NoSQL, S3/Azure blob storage)
- Experience in modern CI/CD pipelines and tooling (Jenkins, CircleCI, Github Actions, terraform) a big plus
- Experience with the SCRUM and the AGILE development process.
- Familiarity and comfortability developing in cloud-based environments (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, etc.)
What we have for you:
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday benefits, including an end-of-year company shutdown
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plans, as well as an optional Health Savings Account with a company contribution
- Paid parental leave and family caregiver leave
- Enhanced fertility and egg freezing benefits
- 401(k) plan with annual company match
- Monthly stipend for cell phone expenses
- Flexible work schedule
- Seismic Cares employee volunteer program
- #OneSeismic culture that celebrates wins, encourages autonomy, ownership, and transparency
Headquartered in San Diego and with more than 1,300 employees across the globe, Seismic is the global leader in sales enablement, backed by firms such as Permira, Ameriprise Financial, EDBI, Lightspeed Venture Partners, and T. Rowe Price. Seismic also recently expanded its team and product portfolio with the acquisition of Percolate, Grapevine6, and Lessonly. Our board of directors is composed of several industry luminaries including John Thompson, former Chairman of the Board for Microsoft.
Seismic is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, age, race, religion, or any other classification which is protected by applicable law.
UNITED STATES CANDIDATES ONLY: Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. At Seismic, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new U.S. based Seismic employees, whose job requires them to meet in person with others or be present at a Seismic office in the course of their employment, must provide original documentation confirming status having received the prescribed vaccinations (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment. Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.