Principal Software Engineer, Engineering Services at Okta
Okta’s Engineering Services team is looking for a Principal Engineer to help us scale and increase velocity. In this role, you will report to the Director, Engineering Services and be responsible for perfecting our vision of Continuous Delivery to increase the velocity and productivity of Engineering. You will work on innovative projects with a wide range of stakeholders and partners across the enterprise, including Engineering, Operations, Program Management, Quality, and Business Technology.
- Design CI and automation components at scale with a peak of over 20 million tests a day.
- Be an innovator; advising on and managing the introduction of new technology and practices
- Partner with architects to deliver the long-term architecture of our CI/CD platform and developer tools
- Build high quality tools and automation for internal use to support continuous integration, continuous delivery, and developer productivity.
- Design or customize software for engineering use to optimize operational efficiency.
- Provide technical input by implementing Proof of Concepts to influence the choice of technology, contributing to existing frameworks, and reviewing design and code.
- Roll out deliverables to internal customers, monitor adoption, collect feedback, and fine-tune the process to respond to internal customers’ needs.
- Support pre-prod infrastructure in the cloud--monitoring, backup and restore, SLA, cost control, deployment.
- 11+ years’ software engineering experience
- In-depth understanding of Java application development, micro services architecture, and successful elements of a multi-service ecosystem
- In-depth knowledge of large scale and high transactional continuous integration systems aimed at performance, accuracy, and stability.
- Expert at Git, maven, build automation tools (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience with public cloud (AWS), its services, and its supporting tools (cost control, reporting, environment management).
- Experience working with Gradle, Bazel, Artifactory, Docker Registry, npm registry.
Education and Training:
- BS in Computer Science
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.