Principal Software Engineer, Device Management at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:41 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 11, 2022
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
We’re looking for an experienced Principal Software Engineer to provide technical leadership for our Device Management services, engaging with several engineering teams. Device Management is a key part of the entire JumpCloud product portfolio and provides the foundation for our identity and security solutions.
With JumpCloud’s Cloud Directory Platform, we've taken Zero Trust and made it actionable - from securing the devices our employees are working from and the networks they are communicating through, to ensuring the resources they are authenticating against are being accessed by the right person with the right permissions from the right location, on the right device.
The Problems You’ll be Solving:
Our Principals are hands-on, active in the code and think big about Architecture, Design and Distributed Systems Practices. Continuous improvement is a core value at JumpCloud. We challenge every member of our team to be 1% better everyday.
What you'll be doing:
- Own the architecture and design of our devices space, for example, Windows, Mac, and Linux features, and technologies like WebAuthn, Apple MDM and Windows MDM
- Work with and mentor tech leads and other engineers on three teams, helping them review designs, provide architectural guidance, help with key parts of implementation
- Work across the entire organization, in partnership with the Architects and other Principal Engineers to make key technology decisions, address technical debt and ensure engineering consistency in both technology and processes
- Work with product managers to vet product ideas for viability and lead prototyping and early coding efforts of up and coming technology on the cutting edge of the devices space.
We’re looking for…
- 10+ years of commercial software development experience in a variety of languages and operating systems technologies (Golang, C++, Python, Java, Kernels, OS libraries, etc.). JumpCloud currently uses Go, Node.js, Python, and Vue.js.
- Deep Experience in Windows or Mac OS development, including working with native libraries and frameworks, and delving into undocumented OS APIs and internals when necessary.
- Strong leadership skills to help technically drive and oversee projects on multiple teams from conception to completion
- Experience developing SaaS applications in AWS, GCP or Azure.
- Experience with RESTful API design.
- Nice to have - Experience with biometric authentication protocols and approaches leveraging WebAuthN
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role is $185,000 to $230,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description