Do you love what you do? Are you passionate about programming? If you love challenges and strive for excellence, come build the future of learning with us! We are a small, collaborative, fun group of engineers looking for someone like you to become part of our team. Our user facing projects are diverse, interesting, and innovative. Our work is impactful; we help people improve their lives through learning. We leverage the latest technologies (Python, Django, React, Redis, RabbitMQ), adopt industry best practices and iterate in fast-paced release environment. You will see the positive results of your work weekly. We don't forget to celebrate and have fun. Come and grow with us!
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Designing, developing, testing, and releasing features for Udemy's user facing products that are crucial for business expansion and growth
- Collaborating with product managers, designers and engineers to identify opportunities and implement solutions that provide positive value to our students and our business
- Planning, organizing, and completing work within agile sprints. Communicate effectively on progress and meeting expectations
- Participating in code reviews, design discussions, and develop features and solutions that scale
- Serving as a technical lead for various projects/tasks as needed
- Using best software development practices and processes to coach and mentor junior engineers to become proficient developers
- Contributing to a team culture that values openness, quality, robustness, and scalability while fostering innovation
- Identifying and evaluating new technologies that improve performance, maintainability and elegance of our software implementation
We're excited about you because you have:
- 7+ years of experience as a full-stack software engineer
- Experience with Object Oriented software design patterns and computer science fundamentals (e.g. data structures, algorithms)
- Web application development using modern framework experience
- Knowledge of Web Framework ORMs (e.g. Django, Rails, Zend, etc.)
- Experience with Python or other scripting languages such as Ruby, PHP (minimum 2 years), etc
- Experience with Relational DB (e.g. MySQL) including development of complex SQL queries
- Linux and/or Unix experience
- Experience with real-time messaging and NoSQL infrastructures: Redis, RabbitMQ, Celery.
- Knowledge of testing methods, including unit and integration tests
- Ability to learn and work with existing code bases, up and down the software stack
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed
Nice to haves:
- Contribution to open source projects
- Public speaking or technical blog skills
Udemy is the world's largest education platform with more than 30 million monthly visitors. Through our Consumer and Enterprise businesses, Udemy creates new possibilities for people and organizations everywhere by connecting them to the knowledge and skills they need to succeed in a changing world. The Udemy consumer marketplace offers thousands of up-to-date courses in dozens of languages and provides the tools learners and instructors need to achieve their goals and reach their full potential. For companies, Udemy Business (UB) offers an employee training and development platform with subscription access to thousands of courses, learning analytics, as well as the ability to host and distribute their own content. Our enterprise platform is among the fastest growing SaaS businesses in the world. UB has more than 10,000 customers and serves the majority of the Fortune 100.
We are proud to be recognized for our world class employee experience:
Udemy Adds More than $1 Billion To Its Valuation in New Funding Round
Udemy's Workplace Learning Tool Just Surpassed $100M in ARR
Paid Paternity Leave Should be the Norm in the U.S.
Breakdown of Most In-Demand Skills for 2020-Finance, Marketing, Sales and Engineering
How Investing in Yourself Today Will Set You Up for Career Success Tomorrow
Feedback Isn't the Problem, but the Way That We Deliver It Is Broken
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with hubs in Ankara, Turkey; Austin, Texas; Boston, Massachusetts; Mountain View, California; Denver, Colorado; Dublin, Ireland; Melbourne, Australia; New Delhi, India; and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Vaccine Mandate (US Only)
Udemy is committed to keeping its employees, clients, and communities safe. Accordingly, we require all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if their work requires them to come into a Udemy office or come into close contact with others. If you are unable to get vaccinated due to a medical condition, disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or as otherwise required by applicable law, we will consider requests for accommodation.
Information regarding data privacy is available within the Udemy Careers Privacy Notice .
JD GOES BELOW DATA PRIVACY