The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states:
AZ, AK, GA, HI, ID, IL, KS, KY, ME, MA, MI, MN, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OH, OR, RI, SD, TX, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Principal Software Engineer is sought out for technical guidance; anticipates technical issues at the product level and makes architectural and design decisions to avoid those issues.
Is self-directed, showing initiative and understands business constraints on problems. Capable of debugging the hazardous problems that the team encounters.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
80%- writing code
- Designing, coding, and debugging software.
- Improving the performance of existing software.
- Providing training to other engineers.
- Maintaining and upgrading existing software.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Supervising and overseeing the technical aspects of projects.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutiions to any issues
Nature and Scope:
This position reports to the Development Manager.
This position has no direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Less than 10% of the time.ESSENTIAL SKILLS:Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer engineering/computer science or related field or equivalent experience and self-education.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Proven experience in software development methodologies.
- Strong foundation in algorithms, data structures, and complexity analysis
- Proven experience building complex web systems.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most all of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
Strong customer service / communication skills.
Recognized as a prolific contributor to BlackLocus.
Consistently delivers large systems involving one or more teams' contribution on time at a high level of quality.
Shapes broad architecture; ships multiple large services, complex llibraries or major pieces of infrastructure.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Listens and guides debates to help reach a consensus; once a decision is made, clearly communicates and backs that decision.
Sets short to medium-term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months and identify the areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.