Principal Software Development Engineer at LivePerson (Remote)
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
In this role you will:
Be responsible for setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing, and operations. You will collaborate closely with the product managers, scientists, software developers, as well as numerous internal and external partners and stakeholders. The right candidate is self-directed, capable of working independently in ambiguous environments to define deliverables, shape outcomes, and lead teams toward successful results. The candidate must be able to thrive in a flat, fast-moving environment that relies on lightweight processes to deliver a huge impact.
During your tenure at LivePerson you will become an expert in the following and much more:
- You will own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for other engineers in their areas of work.
- You will help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have a significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- You will be creating a reliable, scalable, and high-performance service requiring exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
We are looking for an expert with experience in:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years of experience building successful production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object-oriented design patterns
- Experience working on high-volume large scale distributed systems and performance tuning.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability
- The ideal candidate will be clearly passionate about new opportunities and have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products.
- This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high-quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- He or she has strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web protocols, in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and has led or mentored junior engineers.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at a massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as Kafka, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies such as Cassandra, ElasticSearch
- Experience building RESTful microservices
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar technologies
- Knowledge of machine learning or AI technologies is a plus
- NLU and Chatbot experience is a plus
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.