Clari uses AI and automation to drive growth and retention for high-performing revenue teams. Clari’s market-leading Revenue Operations Platform is currently processing over $300 billion in pipeline each year, and is used by over 100,000 marketing, sales, and customer success professionals across 170 countries. Customers include market leaders like Adobe, Zoom, Qualtrics, UiPath, Okta, and Workday. We constantly hear from our customers that Clari is required equipment, and that we’ve changed their lives and the trajectory of their businesses. It never gets old, and we never take it for granted. Together, we help others realize their fullest potential by transforming their revenue operations to be connected, efficient, and predictable.
We are looking for Principal Backend Software Engineers to architect services, build features, design and implement API’s, and improve the performance, observability, and reliability of our systems as we rapidly scale our product and organization.
We develop Enterprise SaaS products, fundamentally powered by AI and Analytics to transform the way track, forecast, and predict revenue. We are 100% cloud-native and build our product using reliable tools and technologies that our team knows and trusts, including Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and AWS. Expertise in these areas is a huge plus, but having familiarity with common web languages (Such as Python or Ruby) and other databases are fine substitutes.
We’re a collaborative team that genuinely enjoys working together with a cross-functional team of product managers, designers, backend, frontend, mobile, automation, and quality engineers to make Clari a better product. We’re looking for engineers that have a passion for building great products with simplicity, usability, scalability, and reliability in mind.
This is a fully remote opportunity and can be worked from any location in the United States.
- You’ll shape and implement the technical strategy and roadmap for Clari’s product backend services and systems.
- You’ll scope and lead large technical and cross-functional projects with enormous impact across many teams at Clari. Implement significant portions of the system and help others in the implementation
- You’ll own and improve the operational excellence, efficiency, and sustainability of many of Clari’s backend services and systems.
- You’ll proactively identify and drive optimizations and improvements to the product and fine-tune our services and systems to support millions of requests
- You’ll not only define the systems’/services’ long-term health but also debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack, and uplevel the observability and reliability of the overall system
- You'll actively mentor engineers, especially Senior and Staff Engineers to help them grow, and uplevel the Clari Engineering organization
- You’ll envision, shape, and improve engineering standards, tooling, best practices, and processes
- Have a strong technical background, including 10+ years of experience building impactful large-scale products or systems using Java or a similar object-oriented language
- Have experience building, leading, and architecting large systems at enterprise scale with great impact and a proven track record of success (e.g. including well-designed APIs, data models, indexing, and efficient algorithms)
- Are skilled in working across engineering teams and other functions in building alignment, driving decision making, and communicating transparently
- Are an excellent communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
Benefits and Culture
- Team-bonding activities and company-wide events
- Flexible working hours and remote opportunities
- Internet, phone, and wellness reimbursements
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Fertility support
- 401(k) and college savings plan
- Pre-IPO stock options
You’ll often hear our CEO talk about “Being Remarkable.” To Clari, remarkable means many things. First and foremost, we believe in providing work that’s interesting and meaningful, in an environment that’s nurturing and inclusive, that is free from discrimination for each and every team member without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. Efforts have to be recognized. Voices have to be heard. And work/life balance has to be baked into the very fiber of the company. We are honored to be recognized by Inc. Magazine and Bay Area News Group as a best place to work, several years running. We’d love to have you join us on our journey to remarkable!
Read Full Job Description