We are a group of Disney technologists who love to work on the latest technology to build new features and improve existing components of Disney's Online Commerce Platform specializing in Ticketing Products. We also take pride in building the next generation of Commerce products for several business units within the Walt Disney Company. Key Products within Commerce include Tickets, Annual Passes, Special Events, Park Reservations, Unified Checkout across many products including Dining and Lodging across Walt Disney World, Disneyland California, and Disneyland Paris
- Lead Architecture, Design and Technical Roadmap of cloud scale Software Platforms that support a large variety of Disney Products.
- Mentor a team of Developers and Architects to design, prototype and develop software.
- Help align stakeholders from all areas - Business, Commercial, Product, Cross Vertical Technology and Operational Teams.
- Work in an Agile Environment with Detailed Planning and Estimation accuracy
- Design and implement new software systems, build distributed systems with efficiency and stability in mind.
- Lead design reviews with peers and partners to build the right solution using available technologies or solutions that caters to the best Guest and Cast Experience
- Identify areas of improvement in our application ecosystem and patterns of repeated problems proposing solutions that can be applied globally.
- Set Architecture best practices to improve scalability, performance, and availability based on technical and business considerations
- Analyze user requirements and define non-functional requirements (scalability, reliability, performance, throughput, availability, security, and maintainability).
- Develop proof of concepts and prototypes for innovative technologies and new business needs.
- Maximize the Return on Investment on Projects by building scalable and performant software systems
- Participate in Brainstorming Phases of Large-Scale Efforts within Commerce and other areas of Disney Parks and Experience Products.
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years' experience in Software Development
- Experience within a fast-paced, software application delivery, and product launch environment
- Hand-on Experience with:
- Java, JVM internals (Memory management, garbage collection, JIT, etc.)
- Web Containers (e.g., Tomcat server)
- Spring Boot-based RESTful microservices
- RESTful APIs (API versioning, documentation, and security)
- SQL, Database modeling
- ORM frameworks/specifications (JPA or Hibernate)
- AWS Suite (Service Management and Deployments, EC2 and ECS Containers, Lambdas, DynamoDB, or MariaDB/MySQL)
- Unit testing best practices
- Source control systems (GitLab/GitHub)
- Experience designing back-end distributed systems for high availability, high throughput, and low latency.
- Development Experience with expectation of 50% or more Code Engagement and Detailed Knowledge in areas:
- Messaging Patterns (Queuing vs Pub/Sub)
- HTTP/HTTPS protocol knowledge
- Relational Database knowledge (Primary keys, Indexes, Foreign keys, SQL)
- Basic cryptographic knowledge (symmetric/asymmetric encryption mechanisms)
- Web-based application security mechanisms (OAuth, HMAC)
- Knowledge of RESTful architectural style
- Experience writing API specifications
- Experience troubleshooting performance issues
- Hands-on Knowledge on Design Patterns - Great understanding in the following design patterns: Singleton, Factory, Observer, Builder, Adapter, Publisher/Subscriber, Decorator.
- Hands On Knowledge on Data Structures - Using Lists, Sets, Maps, Linked Lists, Queues, Stacks.
- Hands-on Knowledge of Algorithms- solve coding problems on whiteboard, Big O notation, time, and space complexity of the algorithms.
- Hands On Knowledge on Design and Architecture principles - Scalability, High Availability, Resiliency, Fault Tolerance, Redundancy, Reusability, Interoperability, Performance, Security, Maintainability, Cost optimization.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 10+ years' Experience in Full Stack Development
- Experience engaging in technology platforms supporting complex business engagements and engineering collaborations
Required Education :
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field or Equivalent Professional Experience
Preferred Education :
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field