At Wisetack, we’re building financially-responsible consumer lending products that help service-based businesses thrive.
Wisetack is a well-funded ~100 person startup founded in 2018 by a team of experienced fintech veterans, with a leadership team that comes from PayPal, LinkedIn, Lending Club, Affirm, Amazon, and other top companies. We’re backed by leading VCs, including Insight Partners, Greylock, and Bain Capital Ventures, (investors in Airbnb, LinkedIn, Instagram, Dropbox, and many more.)
We raised a $45M Series B last year and since then, we've invested in the team and the product and signed a slew of new partnerships. This is a fun stage in any company's lifecycle where we've got the core foundation built, a healthy growth rate, and a clear path to success, but you'd still be joining early enough to help shape the future of the company.
Business Insider called us one of the 70 most promising startups changing the world of finance, LendIt selected us as this year's winner in the Best Emerging Lending Platform category for their Fintech Industry Awards, and we were just named to the inaugural SMBTech 50 list (perhaps you saw us on the billboard in Times Square?) The external recognition is great, but we're equally -- if not more -- happy with the recognition from our customers. Our current NPS rating is a sky-high 78. We're proud that we're building a product that customers love and we believe that this is the most important foundation of a great company.
Our Engineering team principles
Everyone is an engineer. No matter what their title is, everyone contributes to the code. Everyone delivers.
Initiative and ownership. We want every team member to lead the work they do. Design the best solutions and implement them. Ask for help from others when you need it.
One team. We are low ego and support each other.
Learning and growth. We believe growth is a huge motivator. We want everyone on the team to have an opportunity to learn and grow in their career. If you are smart and want to learn, you should be with us even if you don't have all the skills we need at the moment.
Check out this post from our blog where we go into more detail about these principles.
We are looking for our first dedicated Security Engineer to be a foundational member of our engineering infrastructure team.
- You will help identify security gaps, assess and model risk, and evolve security policies and practices for product development and cloud infrastructure
- You will build and maintain solutions in our tools, product, and infrastructure that model and promote a security-minded culture across company functions
- You will harden cloud infrastructure through policy, configuration, tooling, and automation
- You will create automation and processes for monitoring and responding to security events You will be responsible for code reviews and having other team members review your code
- You will be an active participant in our Scrum process: refining, planning, standups, and demos. Always looking for ways to improve our processes
Skills for Success
- Deep understanding of security practices in areas such as access management, encryption methods, vulnerability management, network security, authentication, and secure service design.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), especially in a serverless environment (i.e. API Gateway, Lambda, S3, DynamoDB)
- Experience developing infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Experience with building SIEM systems
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems and automated security scanning
- Familiarity with compliance requirements in areas such as SOC 2 or GDPR
- Familiarity with Python and Java
Why you should consider Wisetack
- We deliver a product that helps entrepreneurs bring their dreams to life - build small businesses that flourish!
- Huge market and fantastic investors.
- Innovative and fun leadership team with a lot of relevant experience and credibility.
- Technology-driven product and organization.
- Skillful engineering team committed to innovation, learning, efficiency, and quality.
- Modern cloud and data technologies.
- Flexibility to work remotely most of the time.
- We’re a Great Place to Work-Certified company!
The person in this role must be based in the United States and must be authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visa sponsorship. SF Bay Area candidates can choose to work from our San Francisco office (whenever we return to an office) or from home most days. If remote, you should be able to come to San Francisco 4-6 times per year.
We offer competitive salary and equity packages, as well as medical, dental, and vision insurance, a Learning & Development stipend, a 401k plan, and a growing number of other standard and not-so-standard benefits.
More than that, though, we offer a career-defining opportunity for the right candidate. Spend a little time on our About Us page, researching our team and our values, and check out our Press page and our blog for more background on who we are and what we do. If you think this might be a fit, we’d love to hear from you!
Our Remote Policy
For now and the near-term future, we are fully remote. We may have some sort of office setup within the next year, and that office will be located in San Francisco. When we do, SF-based employees will have the option to work from an office, if they so choose. That said, most roles at the company, including this one, can be fully remote within the US, and some contractor roles may be available outside the US. Our workforce is currently spread across 15 different US states, and 4 different countries.
Yes, we're still hiring!
We know that some tech companies face a difficult situation and have announced layoffs in response to changes in the venture funding market as well as broader economic pressures. Not Wisetack! Our business is doing incredibly well and growing at a fast pace. We also have plenty of capital, allowing us to continue adding key members to our team while remaining very prudent with our spending, as we always have.