Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working.
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. At Dropbox our customers come first, and we value being worthy of trust, keeping it simple, ownership and making work human. Read more about our culture at https://www.dropbox.com/jobs. We are seeking a Principal Engineer who shares these values to join the Dropbox Security and Abuse team.
This role will report directly to the head of Dropbox Security and Abuse and will have the opportunity to drive the technical implementation of our security strategy. In this role, you will support the implementation of a multi-year strategy, help solve technical problems for the department, provide necessary guidance and technical leadership to more junior engineers, and to share expertise with Dropbox senior leadership.Responsibilities
- Collaborate and propose solutions across several teams on their engineering work, and help teams make informed decisions in alignment with strategic plans
- Demonstrate leadership by teaching, mentoring, growing engineering expertise, and setting technical direction and priorities within the organization
- Advocate security and secure practices across Dropbox
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise to identify solutions for security gaps and challenges
- Guide conversations to remove blockers and encourage collaboration across teams
- Provide a point of escalation for teams facing complex technical challenges
- Expose technology and organizational needs throughout the department
- 8+ years of experience as a software or security engineer
- 5+ years of experience in security domain
- Experience leading and mentoring security engineers
- Strong analytical and programming skills
- Data driven, customer focused, self-motivated, and organized
- Ability to communicate technical details clearly across organizational boundaries.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in a Cybersecurity or related discipline, or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Security Development Lifecycle and security requirements to influence engineering decisions
- Program and project management experience implementing security features
- Red Team/Blue Team experience
- Threat modeling experience analyzing cloud-based architectures