Principal Security Architect at LivePerson
LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
The Security Architects team at Liveperson is responsible for designing, building, testing and implementing security systems within our applications operating environment and IT networks. All of our Security Team Members are expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems and authentication protocols, as well as best practice security products. Most of all - Our SecOps Teams Automate! If we have to do it more than once, on a schedule or even ad hoc - Our SecOps makes sure that it meets and aligns with the business expectation, that it is secure and when needed, it can be automated.
This role is an opportunity to build a team to provide security to our premium brands division, including Bella Health and Bella LoveMe. It is a Security leadership role reporting to the CISO. The right candidate will have a can do, followup and follow through attitude. They will need to align with the leadership of several teams and align with others in the Security Team to be able to succeed.In this role you will:
In this role you will:
Principal Security Architect job generally includes:
- Reviewing current system security measures and recommending and implementing enhancements
- Conducting regular system tests and ensuring continuous monitoring of network security
- Advising on Application Design and Delivery
- Developing project timelines for ongoing application and system upgrades
- Ensuring all personnel have access to the IT system limited by need and role
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting breach of security drills
- Promptly responding to all security incidents and providing thorough post-event analyses
As a senior member of the IT team, our Security Architects also cultivate a culture of security awareness, of continuous education and of partnership, with our Team Members and Customers to ensure security outcomes are the best at all times.
Your qualifications are:
While a degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field is highly desirable, we also look to candidates with experience in Information Systems Design, Management or other proficiencies related to Security. Advanced security qualifications such as CISSP, GIAC or Privacy Certifications like CDPSE or CIPM are always welcomed certifications, but don’t let them stop you from applying.
As well as a well-formed opinion and a bias for action, Liveperson Security Architects include the following qualities:
- Extensive experience in information security and/or IT risk management with a focus on security, performance and reliability
- Solid understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication, authorization and security
- Good working knowledge of current IT risks and experience implementing security solutions
- Experience implementing multi-factor authentication, single sign-on, identity management or related technologies
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain and enforce security measures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as business acumen and a commercial outlook
This role is Customer facing, internal and external customers are equally important to us. Providing excellent service and aligning security needs with common sense and productivity is key to the success of this role.
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.