The Principal Practice Consultant offers expertise in enterprise data architecture and security requirements by interfacing with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to develop consulting services that enable adoption of the Workiva platform’s capabilities. This role plays a vital part in continued practice development through demonstrating thought leadership and technical domain expertise. As a member of the Client Services team this role will be accountable for further establishing repeatable practice assets and materials used for the implementation of the Workiva platform.
- Collaborates with Client Services leadership to act as thought leader for services delivery needs including training, packaging, and quality assurance
- Consults with partners and customers to understand their challenges, requirements, and expected outcomes focused on their data structure for the use of the Workiva platform
- Provides technical recommendations for Workiva solution architecture based on the data and security needs of the partner or customer
- Responds to critical services delivery issues as needed and provides technology leadership and troubleshooting
- Leads creation of architectural implementation designs that result in stronger business/IT alignment that drives adoption and value for partners and customers
- Collects feedback and insights from delivered services to share experience internally for the continued development of services offerings
- Works closely with the Scoping team to design and develop technical content explained in a statement of work
- Provides clear presentations that articulate technical solutions to various customer teams (business and IT), senior management and services staff.
What You'll Need
- Undergraduate Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in a related field.
- Related fields may include Computer Science, Information Technology or Management Information Systems
- CDMP or CCP certifications are beneficial but not required
- Familiarity with various financial and accounting ERP solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud based technologies;
- Ability to establish reference architecture and re-useable solution frameworks
- Practice Lead mentality for the development of consulting and services delivery
- Proven problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, successfully multitasking and determining priorities to meet deadlines
- Highly detail oriented and excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written, verbal, and listening)
- A strong commitment to continued learning and ongoing training
- Ability to interact with various levels of senior and executive management both internally and externally
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Proven success with customer service in a consulting and service delivery role
- 7+ years of relevant work experience
- Technologies using SQL, JSON, REST
- API connectors with commonly used ERP Solutions (e.g. HFM, Oracle Cloud, Workday, SAP)
- Experience working within Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools (e.g. Alteryx)
- Multidimensional reporting software (e.g. Planful, Essbase, SAP BW)
- Data warehousing, data marts, or desktop databases (e.g. Microsoft Access)
- Designing dashboards in data visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI
- Requires up to 25% travel to meet with partners, customers, attend trade shows, and participate in internal meetings
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office
How You’ll Be Rewarded
Base Pay Range in Colorado: $133,000 - $180,000
Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
Trust: Rely on each other.
Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company wide celebrations, and more
Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more about life at Workiva: https://www.linkedin.com/company/workiva/
Learn more about benefits: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email [email protected].
Workiva supports employees in working where they work best - either from an office or remotely from any location within their country of employment.