Principal Platform Architect at ServiceNow
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2021 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies®.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
The Customer Outcomes Platform Architect is a technical advisory role, responsible for helping our customers establish a strong technical foundation in the ServiceNow Platform and design solutions that drive business outcomes. This entails establishing and supporting best practices around instance strategy, technical governance, core data, integrations and the overall technical health of the platform. This is a highly consultative role that does not perform configuration on the platform, but guides partner and customer resources to deliver best practices. This role interfaces with the customer across executive, platform owner, enterprise architects and development teams during the selling, structuring and implementation of solutions.
An ideal candidate will have a achieved a senior level position as an enterprise architect and successful track record in management consulting, (professional services firms or cloud software company), focused on technology strategy, governance, data and solution design. They will have demonstrated the ability to become a trusted advisor to senior executives and facilitate customer success from strategic planning functions including business value identification, road mapping, as well as advising and defining successful execution strategies including governance frameworks and managing large enterprise programs.
What you get to do in this role:
- Developing strong relationships with CIO and business leaders to understand the client's vision and how ServiceNow plays in their digital transformation journey. Translate business objectives to outcomes into a customer roadmap
- Enterprise architecture
- Responsible for analyzing and translating business information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to achieve complex business objectives
- Engages with customer enterprise architects to position ServiceNow as the digital transformation platform integrated with the core systems
- Establish and manage technical governance processes
- Drive solid instance health by reviewing and guiding the remediation of configurations that do not align to ServiceNow best practices.
- Work with clients and ServiceNow teams to establish delivery operating model governance to ensure successful go-lives, end-user adoption and on-going support
- Advocate/champion ServiceNow's advisory and expert services best practices and industry use cases with clients
- Contribute thought leadership (methodology and white papers) on how Advisory, Expert Services, and Co-Delivery can optimize to achieve customer outcomes
- Guide a customer down a prescriptive solution design and manage through the technical implementation decision points
- Define solutions across the platform that align to out of the box capabilities
- Support the sales effort scoping and estimation that refine the customer vision and capabilities into activities and estimates
- Consulting Experience
- Management Consulting Experience preferred, (Big 4, Strategy Firm) or OEM software or Cloud company
- 3-5+ years of experience in management consulting leadership roles at a top-tier consulting company focused on technology (Digital/SaaS/Enterprise Software)
- Fortune 500 or OEM Software or Cloud CO enterprise architect
- Career Progression (Technical, Architecture)
- Experience working with functional business leaders
- Experience working with functional business leaders
- Experience identifying business objectives and developing outcome-focused roadmaps
- Experience working with large Consulting/SI organizations.
- Large Program Experience
- 5+ years large program experience leading architecture and design
- Enterprise Architecture Experience
- Enterprise Architect role and relevant experience.
- Enterprise Architect certification (Togaf, IT4IT, etc)
- Database, core data design, Security, integrations
- Cloud Application Technology Experience
- Significant role in implementation of one or more; SFDC, WKDAY, Success Factors, Oracle Cloud, Remedy
- Minimum 2 years of ServiceNow Platform Experience is required
- Cloud platform certification(s)
- Familiarity with Enterprise Workflow Platforms
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Cultivates Innovation
- Consultative Perspective
- Manages Complexity
- Strategic Mindset
- Technical Development
- Travel up to 50%
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the work week based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their workplace location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.