Principal Motion Planning Engineer at Motional
As Motion Planning Principal Engineer you'll provide leadership, perform research, and write scalable software that decides how our autonomous vehicles should move with safety, comfort, and intuition in mind. Specific terms to associate with our multiple motion planning teams include behavior, navigation, path, and route planning. Model predictive control & trajectory optimization. Machine learning for motion planning. You’ll have the ability to impact one or multiple teams.Role responsibilities:
- Use software development expertise to teach others best software practices and principles.
- Develop clean software for the motion planning and decision-making modules that sit at the core of autonomous driving systems and interface with all other key modules such localization, control, and perception.
- Perform research and build algorithms from design, prototyping, testing, deployment, to productization.
- Design and build robust and scalable codebase that enables rapid exploration and evaluation of different motion planning approaches and algorithms.
- Be a lead team member providing mentorship and contributing to technical strategy, with or without direct reports.
- Robotics, Autonomous Vehicle, Motion Planning, or Machine Learning experience.
- Advanced knowledge of software development, design, data structures, algorithms, and testing
- Python and Pytorch is a bonus
- Degree in Computer Science, Robotics, or related field. Masters or PhD is preferred, Bachelor’s required.
Motional has offices in Boston, Pittsburgh, Santa Monica, and Bay Area (Milpitas). We are hiring and willing to support relocation to any of these locations.Company:
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.