Principal Mechanical Engineer - New Product Design at Aristocrat (Las Vegas, NV)
Job Posting Title
Principal Mechanical Engineer - New Product Design
We're pioneers in our field and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. Aristocrat is an ideas company at heart, which means innovation is embedded into every aspect of our business. Whether we're designing sleek new cabinets, premium game content or award-winning systems, we apply fresh thinking and creativity to deliver the world's greatest gaming experience, every day. With award winning cabinets like Flame, EdgeX, MarsX - we're continually pushing the bar of innovation, technology, and creativity.
As a Principal Mechanical Engineer, you'll work to translate market requirements into designs that are engineered to meet internal and external requirements (manufacturability, durability, reliability, regulatory, etc.). You'll work as part of a product design team to develop products with 500-1000 unique components/sub-systems, and you'll work directly with suppliers and integration centers to guide successful manufacturability of your designs.
What You'll Do
- Facilitate the on-time delivery of mechanical designs that exceed product requirements and customer expectations.
- Expert knowledge in relevant design, testing, and manufacturing techniques.
- Lead special initiatives to create department and development standards, working processes, and technologies.
- Lead development at a sub-system and system level.
- Provide mentoring and oversite to developing and senior engineers.
- Design, develop, and document (2D and 3D), components and systems related to electronic gaming machines (slot machines).
- Create unique designs that utilize sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and casting.
- Implementation of good design practices such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DFMEA, DFx to ensure a design that is reliable, manufacturable, testable, serviceable, safe in operation, and complies with product requirements and legislation.
- Work with FEA simulations experts to optimize your designs.
- Provide support to suppliers, product testing as needed to ensure the project gets completed on-time with high quality.
- Hands-on assembly of prototypes, debugging of prototype, testing, root cause analysis (design, manufacturing, testing, etc.).
- Perform other duties as required.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or related technical field; or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 9 years of experience in new product design and engineering.
- Proficient in 3D MCAD.
- Demonstrated success as a product design engineer. Ability to work independently and design complex mechanical and electro-mechanical systems
Aristocrat is a world leader in gaming content and technology, and a top-tier publisher of free-to-play mobile games. We deliver great performance for our B2B customers and bring joy to the lives of the millions of people who love to play our casino and mobile games. And while we focus on fun, we never forget our responsibilities. We strive to lead the way in responsible gameplay, and to lift the bar in company governance, employee wellbeing and sustainability. We're a diverse business united by shared values and an inspiring mission to bring joy to life through the power of play.
We aim to create an environment where individual differences are valued, and all employees have the opportunity to realize their potential. We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, cultural background, disability status or LGBTQ+ identity. We offer a range of flexible working options through all.flex, our flexible hybrid work model and invite you to have a conversation with us about flexible working. EEO M/F/D/V
- World Leader in Gaming Entertainment
- Robust benefits package
- Global career opportunities
- All about the Player
- Talent Unleashed
- Collective Brilliance
- Good Business Good Citizen
The US based roles may require registration with the Nevada Gaming Control Board (NGCB) and/or other gaming jurisdictions in which we operate.
Pay Rate Type: Salary
Our goal is to pay a market competitive salary focusing near the median of our pay ranges. However, final offers for all positions will be based on several factors such as experience level, education, skills, work location, and internal pay equity.