Principal Go (Golang) Engineer (Remote)
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Uptycs builds best-in-class cloud security products that leverage lightweight tools, built on open source software, to collect everything that can help detect, understand, and mitigate a wide variety of security problems. We run on laptops and cloud workloads, monitor Kubernetes and serverless containers, analyze AWS/GCP/Azure configuration and CloudTrail events, emulate threat actor behavior in cloud, containers, network, Windows, and Linux environments - you name it! We feed it into a cloud-based security analytics platform that provides comprehensive visibility, threat detection, posture management, remediation, vulnerability management and compliance tracking. We analyze petabytes of data, process millions of events per second, and run a control plane that enables continuous scanning for vulnerabilities, misconfigurations, and APT malware on all major cloud providers and hundreds of thousands of macOS, Linux, and Windows endpoints.
Uptycs enables security professionals at companies such as Comcast, Flexport and Lookout (and many more we have an NDA with!) to quickly prioritize, investigate, and respond to potential threats across a company's entire attack surface.
We're looking for Go enthusiasts to join the performance-focused teams responsible for some of our most demanding and fastest growing cloud security products. We leverage Go for our core stream processing, ingesting gigabytes per second of raw security telemetry from hundreds of thousands of endpoints in order to detect both known and novel attacks against our customers. In addition, our fastest growing cloud security products leverage high concurrency Go to collect telemetry from all major cloud providers and allow businesses to understand the security posture and security standards compliance of complex cloud deployments. By joining our team you'll have an opportunity to work on cutting edge cloud security software and push the performance limits of our rapidly growing Go infrastructure.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and deliver new cloud telemetry products
- Analyze requirements, design and develop code, unit test code and test tools
- Design and develop low latency/high throughput server infrastructure components to handle large volume of transactions
- Play a pivotal role in building high-performing, large scale distributed software systems and applications
- Present and defend architectural, design, and technical choices to internal teams during design and code reviews.
- Collaborate and communication across Development, QA, Ops and other cross-functional teams
What We’re Looking For:
- Strong Go/Golang programming skills
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming, relational database design, and querying concepts
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms, and software design
- In-depth knowledge of one or more of these operating systems: Linux, macOS, Windows
- Experience developing and integrating with REST Services
- Working knowledge of common Goroutine and channel patterns
- Experience working with caching (Redis, MemCached)
- Experience conducting code reviews
- Experience working with GitHub and CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins
- Experience working with Postgresql, MySQL, SQLite etc.
- Experience working with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity and understanding of NoSQL database constructs is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
Uptycs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. Uptycs is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.