Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an experienced Principal Full Stack Engineer to join the Distribution Network team. You'll work across multiple products and web experiences to ensure our customers receive insightful recommendations to meet their needs, and you'll empower our ecosystem with the ability to craft meaningful messages to promote Atlassian Marketplace apps. You will report to a Senior Engineering Manager accountable for multiple teams driving distribution.
As an Engineer well into your career, we know you're an expert at what you do and have a range of experience across front and backend technologies. You have experience in architecting large scale distributed systems. You have a comprehensive understanding of scale, performance, cost, maintainability, and extensibility of production systems used by millions of users daily. You take pride in mentoring junior members and sharing your expertise with others.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Establish architecture and roadmap to support hyper customer growth at Atlassian
- Propose libraries and other shared components to unlock the potential of other Atlassian teams
- Be an advocate across the team for raising the technical bar and promoting a high technical standard
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge and share best engineering practices to improve engineering excellence
- Mentor more junior members
On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- Expert-level proficiency in one or more prominent languages such as Typescript and Java
- 3+ years of experience with modern testing frameworks (e.g., Jest, Puppeteer, Cypress)
- Expertise in building shared libraries and components used across multiple web applications
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
- Passion for learning and always improving yourself and the team around you
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Previous experience working for a SaaS company
- Previous experience working in the E-Commerce or Advertising
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Contentful or other headless CMS systems
- Amazon Web Services
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .