WellSky is on a mission to elevate healthcare through building superior SaaS and analytics services. You will be part of the team directly transforming the healthcare industry. Our users are Patients, Doctors, Nurses, other Clinicians and Administrators -– i.e., personnel on the front lines of healthcare. Our engineering efforts touch the lives of real people navigating life and death issues with the support of our solutions.
We aim to build purpose-driven teams where camaraderie is coupled with a dogged pursuit of excellence. Bring passion, creativity and dedication to your job -- there's no telling what you could accomplish.
This engineering hire is for a linchpin position in a highly visible enterprise services team. This team works like a startup, interacting with all the other divisions of WellSky, including senior technical leaders, solution management and senior executives.
You will be working with a wide range of technologies and architectures in a mult-cloud environment, tying together from across the enterprise. These technologies include .NET, Java, Ruby, Azure, AWS, GCP, Angular and many others.
- Lead architecture and design, entailing full stack microservices based development, using cloud native technologies.
- Directly contribute to the engineering and development of the solution on a daily basis.
- Attend daily scrums and quickly come up to speed with existing systems.
What we see in our senior most talent:
Our senior most staff work with Product Managers, Designers and Frontend Engineers to convert complex product initiatives into concrete software designs that can be implemented in an iterative and agile fashion. Typically, they:
- Lead design and architecture reviews, code reviews and distribute and orchestrate on-call rotation.
- Participate in requirements analysis, project planning and provide roadmap input and time/cost estimates.
- Understand all aspects of the current application infrastructure, including constant evolution of our CI/CD/QA pipeline and re-build/refactor using modern architectural principles.
- Design and execute migrations from legacy services to the new architecture with minimal to zero downtime.
- Interface with SRE engineers on application logging, monitoring, alerting and security.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or equivalent experience. Preferred majors are Computer Science/Engineering, Engineering, Information Systems/Decision Sciences, Mathematics, Sciences/STEM focus
- 8+ years of full-time coding experience.
- 8+ years with a mix of:
- Web application development (NodeJS / Angular / React.js front end frameworks)
- Microservice / REST based API servers (Python – Django or Flask / Java / C# back-end frameworks)
- 5+ years on cloud native architectures.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical lead or architect.
- 3+ years of experience working in an Agile development process.
- Advanced knowledge of a few Azure, AWS or GCP services.
- Excellent data access patterns knowledge.
- Proven ability to design, code, edit, and debug software efficiently, including automating tests as appropriate.
- Adept at conducting research into architectural and technical issues.
- Excels in a fast-paced environment.
Do you stand above the rest?
- Serverless experience is a big positive.
- Substantial experience with a few among these: Big Data, DynamoDb/Cosmos, Elastic Search, AppSync/GraphQL, AppService/Amplify, Kubernetes.
- Fluency with implementation of standards like OIC or FHIR.
Who We Are:
- We have an open environment where highly motivated, ambitious engineers can help drive innovation.
- We are a diverse group of collaborative & super intelligent teammates to work with and learn from.
- We constantly strive to solve large scale challenges with a variety of technologies. We are open minded with technology choices and stacks.
- We support a good work/life balance.
- We believe in giving recognition for doing what you enjoy.
WellSky is a technology company leading the movement for intelligent, coordinated care worldwide. Our next-generation software, analytics, and services power better outcomes and lower costs for stakeholders across the health and community care continuum. In today’s value-based care environment, WellSky helps providers, payers, health systems, and community organizations solve tough challenges, improve collaboration for growth, harness the power of data analytics, and achieve better outcomes by further connecting clinical and social care. WellSky serves more than 20,000 client sites around the world — including the largest hospital systems, blood banks, cell therapy labs, blood centers, home health and hospice franchises, post-acute providers, government agencies, and human services organizations. Informed by more than 40 years of providing software and expertise, WellSky anticipates clients’ needs and innovates relentlessly to ultimately help more people thrive.
We're looking for talented individuals who want to use their skills to build a strong, technology-driven company. We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, including generous paid time off programming, and a casual and fun environment that encourages quality, creativity, and excellence. Enjoy all we have to offer. We invite you to join us. Apply today!
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. WellSky is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. All U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.