LivePerson is a transformational force in how brands and consumers communicate. With over 18,000 brands, including HSBC, Disney, Verizon, and Home Depot, we are on a mission to make life easier for people and brands everywhere through trusted Conversational AI. We believe in a future where conversations are the norm for getting your intentions fulfilled - whatever they are.
We are an innovative, intent-driven company that believes in building the future and we are looking for growth minded, unconventional thinkers, developers and builders to join the team.
You will thrive here if:
You can operate in a fast paced, dynamic environment
You can build partnerships that move our business forward
You build code that is simple, understandable, and clean
You see feedback or failure as motivation to learn and to grow
You believe data-driven decision making is the norm
You relate to our core principles (link) and want to work with Conversational AI experts
Welcome to the Conversation Orchestration team at LivePerson! Here you will be working closely with Data Science and AI teams in order to build platform solutions for improving conversations between brands and their customers. We are making it easier for AI, bots, and human agents to understand the state of a conversation, while enabling brands to take action on thosePrincipal states in an easy to configure, code-free way.
In this role, you will be taking on services that already serve millions of customer interactions per hour, while also building a new platform for the future based on best practices. This role reports to the Director of Engineering, and has a wide ownership over both technical and engineering process decisions. Expect to spend your time split about 50/50 between hands-on technical investigations, and driving change across multiple engineering organizations.
Your qualifications are :
- Very experienced backend developer of large scale, data centric, and real time systems
- Proven history of progressive design, and bringing new best practices into the organization
- Proven ability to communicate plans effectively to leadership and across organizations
- Strong technical leadership abilities, able to review, coach, and grown mid-level to senior developers
- Strong experience with NoSQL based applications
- Experienced with cloud-based architecture (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Strong code process fundamentals, including code reviews, commit flow, effective testing, CI/CD, etc.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with security, especially API authentication at scale (OAuth 2.0, JWT, etc.)
- Experience with multi-cloud development and deployment
- Experience collaborating with major enterprise level customers
Why you’ll love working here:
LivePerson was named to FastCompany’s World’s most innovative companies of 2020 list for the Artificial Intelligence category. We offer top tier tech & data science colleagues, along with opportunities to push your own limits. We embrace invention and experimentation. You’ll have great benefits, flexible time off, plus snacks and drinks to keep your mind fresh and stomach full. Most importantly, you’ll have an ability to make an impact at work and at brands across the globe as we build the future with trusted Conversational AI together.
At LivePerson, people from diverse backgrounds come together to do their best work and be their authentic selves. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.