Principal Engineer, QA at Zscaler
Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company's cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler's purpose-built security platform puts a company's defenses and controls where the connections occur-the internet-so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
This is a technical leadership position where you will own the quality and reliability of data platform & services and ensure timely releases with quality. This is a hands-on position where you will be doing test-execution to mentoring other engineers. You need be a top software QA and automation engineer with a good track record of delivering and also excel in communication, cross functional systems integrations & tests and customer focus.
- As a part of Cloud Quality and Reliability team, you will provide technical leadership for Zscaler Data Engineering QA & automation.
- Design & develop test plans for Zscaler software products and Services.
- Develop tools/scripts using Python for test automation development.
- Design, develop and extend the test automation framework.
- Solve problems and establish plans and provide technical consultation in the design, development and test effort of Zscaler engineering projects.
- Create QA & automation strategy and drive the execution for the timely releases of new features & services with quality.
- Identify issues and technical interdependencies and suggest possible solutions.
- Training to cross-functional teams and training & mentoring the team members.
- Help in troubleshooting production escalation issues & provide solutions to restore the service.
- Identify cloud service monitoring requirements and provide SOPs for service alerts.
- Lead a geographically distributed team in a fast-paced customer focussed environment for the day to day execution.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of experience in QA within Networking and/or Security space.
- 2+ Years of experience leading a team of 4-5 engineers for QA projects feature/service delivery.
- Work experience cloud-based platform product.
- Proficiency in Python for automation & tool development.
- QA & automation work experience in Logging and reporting platform & services.
- Strong hands-on knowledge in Networking, Unix Systems & shell commands, Database system and query language.
- Experienced in automation framework development & test automation in Networking or Data Platform domain.
- Ability to quickly lean new technologies.
- Knowledge and work experience in Hadoop, Spark, Azure Data Explorer is plus.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
What You Can Expect From Us:
- An environment where you will be working on cutting edge technologies and architectures
- A fun, passionate and collaborative workplace
- Competitive salary and benefits, including equity
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we'd love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com .
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.