Principal Engineer - One Firm Technology at McKinsey & Company (Atlanta, GA)
| Atlanta, GA
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:46 p.m. (CST) on Friday, August 5, 2022
What You'll Do
You will help build next generation products and services enabling product development teams to deliver quality and secure products by using cloud native tools.
In this role, you will produce high quality code across the full technology stack, from database to UI and everything in between. Additionally, you will assist with troubleshooting issues and improving application performance by responding to specific problems and fixing defects. You will document and demonstrate solutions with a focus on security and performance by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code. Furthermore, you will actively participate in Agile software processes.
You'll leverage your technical skills by applying them towards the validation of product quality and writing test code including unit tests and automated test cases. You will also keep up with industry trends and innovations and apply knowledge to the existing codebase.
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our Waltham or Atlanta office as part of One Firm Tech Digital (OFT) function.
OFT is an entity within McKinsey's worldwide IT organization that provides IT support services primarily to McKinsey firm members and clients.
You will also communicate and interact with internal and external business contacts including, but not limited to, other members of the IT organization and other stakeholders, contractors and vendors.
This group is responsible for developing and operating firm cloud native technology stack on public cloud services as well as for the development experience as a whole. Your team members are located across the world in different time zones (Czech Republic, Germany, India, USA, Costa Rica).
- Bachelor's/Masters Degree in Technology area of study
- 3+ years of leading engineering teams on the development of enterprise grade software including big data pipelines, web back-end and front-end applications
- Expert experience with CI/CD solutions
- 4+ years of experience building native cloud solutions in either AWS (preferred), GCP or Azure
- Hands-on experience building APIs and microservices
- Hands-on experience with API life-cycle management and message bus technologies (APIgee, NATs or similar)
- Hands-on experience with XML/JSON and developing REST Services
- Expert experience building and leveraging container-based technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code solutions (Terraform, CloudFormation templates or similar)
- Experience writing and executing unit tests, automated test frameworks
- Experience with monitoring and data analytics tools (Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, Grafana, Dynatrace or similar)
Read Full Job Description