GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
About The Team / Role
GoodRx is looking for a strong principal engineer to join its Prescription Management team. The Prescription Management group has been tasked to help personalize the experience between a user and their prescriptions throughout the GoodRx ecosystem. The team visualizes data and information in ways that both engage and inform.
As part of the Prescription Management team, the ideal candidate will have a specialist’s knowledge of web-based, front end development. Along with a deep and thorough technical acumen, the candidate should have an equally strong ability to lift up team members and work strongly with others while striving to reach the team’s goals.
- Write clean, fast, well-designed, well-tested, readable, and maintainable code
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, legal, and business development to think beyond the technical implications of your design decisions
- Engage in code reviews to ensure code quality as well as share and distribute knowledge
- Continuously push to raise the team’s, and organization’s, standard of engineering excellence by implementing, or enhancing, best practices for coding, testing, and the developer experience
- Lead projects from idea to positive execution
- Actively mentor other engineers by leading and collaborating in all engineering discussions, evangelizing engineering best practices
- Own, create, or review technical design proposals and proof of concepts
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Substantial experience in technical leadership over responsive isomorphic applications in high-scale and high-reliability cloud deployments
- Detail-oriented, critical thinker, self-motivated, enthusiastic, resourceful, personable, customer-focused, and interested in mentorship and well being of other team members
- Ability to convey complex technical information to a variety of levels within the organization
- Demonstrated experience with React, TypeScript, NodeJS, ES6, and consuming GraphQL
- Enthusiasm for software architecture across the front-end, back-end, and the APIs that glue them
- Passionate about code quality, continuous delivery, and automated testing
- Comfortable challenging yourself, and your team, to improve ways of working
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related quantitative degree
Nice to Have:
- Extensive knowledge of Feature Management tools like Optimizely or LaunchDarkly
- Experience with Content Management Systems like Contentful or ContentStack
- Previously integrated a Customer Data Platform like Segment
- Experience with Content Relation Management tools like Iterable or Braze
- Leveraged, and enhanced, an internal Design System
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.