BOULEVARD | ABOUT US
Boulevard was founded with the fundamental belief that personal care should be convenient for all. Our mission is to maximize the potential for salons and spas, as well as the clients they serve.
Developed in collaboration with industry-leading owners and operators, our scheduling, point of sale, and conversation platform was carefully designed to drive revenue, automate workflows, and convert customers from visitors into valuable, long-term clients. By facilitating a better, personalized experience across every transaction and interaction, Boulevard’s technology not only helps salons and spas to survive but thrive. Take a look at how we (and YOU) can make that happen.
We are diligent about solving hard problems and are not afraid to challenge conventions or question the status quo. If our ambitions aren't terrifying, we aren't pushing ourselves enough.
We have an insatiable curiosity and embrace experimentation. We believe that simple solutions require the most sophistication and we design each and every detail to maximize potential, power, and impact. Do our values match? Read through our story and what we value the most.
Come do the best work of your life at Boulevard.
Our engineering team has one simple but lofty goal: deliver a delightful experience to our service providers and their customers. You'll have the opportunity to build extraordinary applications that are reliable, responsive, and beautiful.
As an eCommerce Principal Engineer at Boulevard, you will be responsible for evolving our eCommerce platform to scale to international demand and expand a rapidly growing customer portfolio. Your team will continue to expand and develop the eCommerce platform to support multiple verticals and segments in the personal care space. You will oversee the growth of our customer facing eCommerce experience and grow our existing monetizable product offerings.
What you’ll do here:
What you’ll need to thrive:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in an eCommerce engineering environment.
- 8+ years of relevant work building customer facing SaaS platforms.
- At least 5 years of functional programming experience as an engineer. Elixir or Erlang experience is a plus.
- Experience working with eCommerce flows, APIs, data models, and supporting databases.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing secure and reliable systems on time.
- Ability to deliver fault tolerant and maintainable systems in large scale environments.
- Experience in handling multiple deadlines for various projects in a fast-moving team environment.
- Pride for the work you do and care deeply about the customers that consume your platform.
- A desire to shape our engineering culture by coming up with ideas, tools, and infrastructure wherever you see a problem to be solved.
- A proven ability to bridge the gap between technical and business requirements.
- Ability to articulate and present vision to both technical and non technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience enabling inclusive teams, mentoring engineers, and taking feedback to heart.
Within 1 month you’ll...
- Graduate from Boulevard’s platform training course.
- Connect with the Commerce engineering team and key peers across the company.
- Learn and understand the core business objectives and areas for improvement.
- Learn and understand the current engineering workflow
- Dive in to the core business objectives, areas for improvement, and become familiar with Engineering pain points & bottlenecks
- Understand our 2022 OKRs, and what your teams need to accomplish in order to deliver on company objectives.
- Partner with your team to complete your first feature deployments.
Within 3 months you’ll…
- Participate in technical planning and delivery of planned projects on the eCommerce team roadmap.
- Suggest best practices and improvements for internal tooling and processes
- Effectively handle multiple deadlines for projects that vary in size from “pebbles” to “boulders”
After 6 months you’ll...
- Have delivered key milestones for projects to our customers.
- Provide key feedback and partnership with Product Management to establish the future direction of our eCommerce platform growth.
- Ensure you are delivering on department objectives that support company OKRs.
- Show a clear, scalable path to effectively address client needs
- Expand your knowledge for your own career development and work on countless opportunities that have a meaningful impact to the business’ bottom line
- Partner with technical leadership and the eCommerce team to deliver a Commerce platform technology strategy.
In addition to the wonderful people, you’ll get to work with (meet some of them here!) and challenging projects that’ll push you - Boulevard is here to make sure you’re always at the top of your game emotionally, mentally, and physically.
Take a break whenever you need to with our flexible vacation day policy.
Fully remote so you can choose where you want to work.
Health is a priority, so we’ve got you covered with dental, medical, vision, and life insurance.
Investing in the future with a 401(k) matching option.
Work from home stipend every month.
Family planning resources and specialized support programs.
Boulevard Bucks Learning & Development program allows employees to explore businesses in the market we serve.
Equity: get ahead on the ground floor and grow with Boulevard.
Hear what Leo, one of our architects, says about life at Boulevard.
Read through what our customers are saying about our product.
Check out our latest product release and how we’re continuously working to improve.
Our team values and celebrates our diverse backgrounds. Being open about who we are and what we do allows us to do the best work of our lives. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too.
Boulevard Labs, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All employment decisions at Boulevard Labs, Inc. are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.