Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Confluence Cloud enables teams to build, organize, and collaborate on work in one place from virtually anywhere. Confluence spaces are where knowledge and collaboration meet. You will be joining the Confluence Experience team where we are working on the next generation of features and functionality for improving remote work and team collaboration, and enabling teams to be highly productive.
More about you
As an Engineer well into your career, we know you're an expert at what you do and have a breadth of experience across front and backend technologies. You have experience in architecting and building large scale distributed systems. You have a comprehensive understanding of scale, performance, cost, maintainability, and extensibility of production systems used by millions of users daily. You take pride in mentoring junior members and sharing your expertise with others... That's why we're placing a heavy emphasis on leaning on your expertise to take on a high level of responsibility while being a role model and mentor to others on the team.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Lead engineering efforts, from start to finish, that span multiple teams to deliver the next generation of features and functionality for Confluence Cloud
- Help define feature roadmaps, evolving Confluence’s architectural vision, and writing design documents for potential projects
- Lead software projects, where the scope is undefined or needs refinement
- Regularly tackle the largest and most complex problems on the team, from technical design to launch
- Be a champion across the org for continually raising the technical bar and evangelizing a high technical standard
- Write and publish technical articles, and create reference implementations to scale technical best practices
- Lead code reviews & documentation as well as take on complex bug fixes, especially on high-risk problems
- Partner across engineering teams to take on company-wide initiatives spanning multiple projects
- Transfer your depth of knowledge and share best engineering practices to improve engineering excellence
- Mentor more junior members
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience as a Solutions Architect/Developer, designing and implementing cloud based solution architectures
- Demonstrated thought leadership in cloud computing
- Experience with programming languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python
- Knowledge of the current infrastructure automation, CI/CD, SQL/NoSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- Ability to deliver results and work cross-functionally, and engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to communicate complex technical issues to a range of technical and non-technical audiences (management, peers, clients)
- Passion to solve complex problems and keep users in mind
- Passion for collaborating with and mentoring junior members of the team
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Development experience with AWS services
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies (e.g., Scrum)
More about our team
We are always growing, learning, and adapting. You'll be joining a team that is highly engaged and direct. We help each other to constantly improve our work and reach our potential. We're dedicated to being agile, which means we're constantly learning about our users' experience and iterating as much as necessary to improve it. We also know all too well the importance of validating assumptions about users and use various types of testing to ensure we're right (or discover where we're wrong). It's all about improving our user's experience no matter who or where it is.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.