The Principal Electrical Engineer will be responsible for designing the electrical infrastructure necessary to power the unique install of our EV chargers on location with an emphasis on value engineering the design of each site. Reporting into the VP of Mobility Infrastructure, the Principal Electrical Engineer will have a significant impact on the efficient and effective deployment of our EV chargers within the US marketplace. They'll be responsible for not only the strategic buildout of this team, but also the tactical delivery of the team's efforts.
What you'll do
- Develop, refine, and drive the scope of work presented to electrical contractors in order to obtain pricing for each installation
- Own execution of single line diagrams and stamped engineering drawings as necessary for obtaining permits
- Communicate with local Authority Having Jurisdiction when necessary during the permitting process.
- Communicate with electrical contractors when necessary to provide clarification on scope of work.
- Assist with research and development of new EV charging infrastructure technology.
- Coordinate with utilities when necessary for projects requiring new or upgraded electrical service.
- Assist with hiring and managing a team of electrical engineers.
- Assist with developing processes and procedures for the engineering team.
- On occasion travel to sites when necessary to design scope of work.
What you bring to the table
- Strong background in commercial construction electrical design for existing buildings.
- Experience conducting load studies and evaluating existing electrical infrastructure.
- Experience building and managing a team of electrical engineers - both full time and contract resources
- Knowledge and experience working/coordinating with local utilities to upgrade services to existing commercial properties.
- Experience designing EV charging infrastructure - both Level 2 and Level 3 preferred.
- Familiarity with National Electric Code article 625 is preferred.
- Skills generating electrical designs with CAD software (or equivalent)
- Experience in the permitting process for Authorities Having Jurisdiction.
- An understanding of microgrids, battery storage, and solar would be a significant plus.
- Must be a licensed Professional Engineer (PE).
- Strong communication, creative thinking, and high attention to detail
Join us in making a difference as we build our future. FLASH is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equality, and inclusion, and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. FLASH prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Read Full Job Description