What we do and why we do it
As the leading marketplace for single-family rental homes, our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective, and simple. We successfully merge our passion for helping investors build wealth through real estate with cutting edge technology that transforms the way they do it.
How it’s going (and growing)
With a talented team of 500+ Roofsters, our collaborative and can-do culture is what fuels our growth. We recently closed on our series E, raising nearly $400 million, and have offices in California, Texas, and New York as well as many remote opportunities. Our growth includes recent acquisitions of Great Jones (full-service property management) and Stessa (financial management software) to empower customers with a seamless way to acquire, manage, and track their investment properties on one platform.
Under our roof
We get a lot of attention for our innovation—like being on the Forbes Fintech 50 and Red Herring 100—but we’re most proud of being recognized as a Great Place to Work® (Check out our reviews!). We’re nice, get things done, and have fun. We champion professional growth and work-life balance. In fact, our values are B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don’t be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what’s next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
Roofstock is a people and technology-forward organization seeking a hands-on Principal DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly growing team. We are looking for candidates that have an extensive background and experience leveraging the very latest in cloud technologies and CI/CD pipelines while also being able to provide the highest levels of operational support.
In this role, you will work with different stakeholders to further develop and drive the DevOps roadmap which includes tooling, security initiatives, best practices, policies, procedures, documentation, and more.
This position also plays a critical role in coaching, mentoring, collaborating, and helping to grow existing and future talent within the organization.
Do you wake up every morning and want to come to work? Do you see challenges as opportunities? Are you passionate about technology and love solving problems? Do you value a solid work/life balance? Are you interested in being part of a team that loves what they do?
Roofstock is growing, and we are super excited about our next chapter! Come join us!
What you will do
- Collaborate with the team to develop overall DevOps vision, roadmap, and execution strategies.
- Implement, improve, monitor, and maintain all operations infrastructure.
- Technical documentation
- Provide rotating off-hours infrastructure support
What you bring with you
- Leadership and ownership mentality. Your success is our success!
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years experience in a Senior or Principal Level DevOps engineering role working with Microsoft Azure actively within the last year.
- Extensive experience with Kubernetes, microservices, containers, and Linux.
- Extensive experience with CI/CD pipelines (GitHub Actions experience is a huge plus).
- Extensive experience with CI/CD tooling (SCA, Linters, Dependency Tracking, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Application Performance Monitoring (Data Dog, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Terraform
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with scripting (bash, python, etc.)
- Experience with Windows and Linux.
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
Read Full Job Description