Principal DevOps Engineer (R-11824) at Dun & Bradstreet (Jacksonville, FL)
| Jacksonville, FL
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:08 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, June 14, 2022
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
This person will report to Dev-Ops Lead and work with IT Infrastructure and Development Teams to administer the Databases for Hoovers and Datavision.
The Senior DBA will help to administer, support, design, optimize, fine tune, and provide technical direction for Hoover’s and Datavision’s databases in line with industry best practices. As an engineer you are responsible for creating and maintaining cutting edge database architectures and work with the D&B product team, and a world-class team of engineers.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Chef, Ansible and familiarity with Docker and Kubernetes.
- 6+ years working with infrastructure as code and/or configuration management tools, receiving and providing code reviews (we use Terraform, Ansible, and Cloud formation via CDK).
- Familiarity with SaaS observability platforms (we use ELK & Splunk).
- Experience with CI/CD toolchains and automation (we use Jenkins, Harness, JFrog/Artifactory/X-Ray, and SonarQube) – experience developing and extending Jenkins shared libraries a plus.
- Strong Linux System Admin experience with understanding of SSL, Networking and other aspects of Linux administration.
- 2+ years of software development background.
- Experienced with Tomcats, Apache or other similar web servers. Strong understanding of the GCP or AWS cloud platform including AWS cloud-native design patterns.
- Strong written communication skills and comfort with chat tools (e.g. Teams, Slack) as a primary means of communication.
- Solid Python and Bash programming skills.
What we offer:
- Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure
- 100% paid parental leave after one year
- Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members
- Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching
- Education assistance and extensive training resources
- Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching
- Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership
- Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, your partner & dependents
- Learn more at dnbyourbenefits.com
FOR US APPLICANTS - Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
More Information on Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Short Hills, NJ, Center Valley, PA and New York, NY. Dun & Bradstreet was founded in 2022. It has 5353 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 112 open jobs at Dun & Bradstreet, click here.
Read Full Job Description