Principal DevOps Engineer - Business Tech at Okta
Okta is seeking a creative, highly analytical, and a strategic thinking DevSecOps leader to join the Business Technology organization. This is a hands-on role, reporting to the VP, Business Architecture responsible for developing DevSecOps frameworks for use across an agile engineering organization.
To be successful in this role you must be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout all levels of the organization. An ideal candidate will bring deep expertise and knowledge of various tools and technologies that are used in DevSecOps.
- Design and develop scaling strategies, automation frameworks and patterns for SaaS solutions like Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, etc.
- Develop solutions that enable the engineering team to quickly deliver quality software
- Provide technical leadership for the DevSecOps discipline.
- Implement and manage technology infrastructure, automation tools, and configurations.
- Conduct training sessions for the engineering team members and enable them to adopt the defined CI/CD tools and frameworks.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices; conduct research, tests, and execute new techniques that can be reused and applied to SDLC.
- Able to multitask to meet deadlines while remaining calm during uncertainties and work in a collaborative environment.
- Select and implement tools that will elevate the maturity of the DevSecOps practice.
- Develop CI/CD frameworks for automating tasks required to develop, test, and deploy code.
- 12+ years of industry experience combined with technology experience
- Technical Bachelor's degree
- Experience working with business applications such as Salesforce, SAP, Workday, Oracle, Netsuite, etc.
- Deep knowledge of various concepts, methods, and frameworks applicable to DevSecOps
- Experience in configuring and deploying tools like Copado, Selenium, Worksoft, Provar, Jenkins
- Hands-on experience with Python, Java, MongoDB, Shell scripting, Python, MySQL, and Git.
- Must be a team player with exceptional analytical and leadership skills.
- Effective oral and written communicator who can convey complex ideas in a clear, concise manner
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.