Principal Developer II at Spectrum (Charlotte, NC)
Responsible for providing strategic consultation in the areas of development, integration testing, domain architecture, and high level project roadmaps to implement solutions for a variety of IT initiatives and projects for business and customer facing telecommunications systems. Also, responsible for hands on design, development, and implementation of information technology systems using specific language based technologies within the designated framework, as well as consulting with project owners to resolve issues regarding operations, implementations, and system status.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Lead strategically complex and critical projects that involve several technical systems and constituents.
- Provide strategic consultation to development, architecture, and implementation of key business applications (to include billing and provisioning systems, web applications, and internal/external software).
- Estimate Scope of Work and Level of Effort.
- Write code (web application/software/application) for various project assignments and give recommendations to peer review coding sessions.
- Perform unit and integration testing and provide recommendations to peer teams and leadership on best practices and solutions from test case results.
- Work with peers in a consultative manner to design and configure customer-based systems and applications and advise project teams on architecture, strategy, and other ancillary IT processes (to include networking, security, governance, quality assurance, database/server administration).
- Collaborate in setting strategies and tactical implementing procedures for all aspects of a project within the software development lifecycle.
- Provide technical guidance and solutions on issues, defects, and project deliverables.
- Triage defects, and project deliverables on analyses to diagnose and fix operational difficulty.
- Influence and recommend system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for business and customer facing applications (web application, software, application).
- Troubleshoot to resolve incidents and problems for production applications (web services, billing, service activation/provisioning) to adhere to requirements under identified Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain subject matter expertise in web/web API development, domain architecture, industry tools and trends in order to give strategic recommendation and provide technical support to these areas as needed.
- Coach and mentor developers by advising on writing code and technical documentation.
- Build strong deep partnerships with those in the department and within the broader organization; even other business units to solve challenges and issues.
- Drive team's deliverables in the development strategy in concert with organization's outcomes and objective. Provide integral support, coaching, and direction to both senior leadership and employees in managing the technical delivery results of employees assigned to project.
- Facilitate continuous performance improvement sessions and recommend opportunities to improve processes or standards.
- Organize and perform routine operating system and application deployments in lower environments.
- Must be able to attend meetings that include business owners and speak with authority on issues relating to the Projects and Programs. This communication may require non-technical descriptions.
Required Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Extensive knowledge of OOP (object oriented programming) & prototypal inheritance
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Spring framework (Spring Boot).
- Extensive knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL, and writing shell scripts
- Extensive Knowledge of message broker technologies (i.e. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Extensive knowledge of web services development both Restful and SOAP
- Extensive knowledge of Tomcat server
- Extensive knowledge of Unit Testing frameworks and continuous integration tools
- Extensive knowledge of Maven
- Extensive knowledge of Micro-services architecture required including CaaS
- Extensive knowledge of Git version control system
- Extensive knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology
- Extensive knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model
- Extensive knowledge of network devices and basic network appliances
- Extensive knowledge of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of at least three development or test automation tools (ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, JUnit, JMeter, etc.)
- Knowledge of at least three development frameworks (Struts, Spring MVC, Spring Security, JQuery, AXIS 2.0, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of infrastructure technologies and concepts
- Basic knowledge of business rules and workflow orchestration engines is desirable (i.e. Camunda, Pega)
- Demonstrated in-depth ability to work autonomously without direction to drive projects to completion.
- Demonstrated in-depth ability to lead technically, drive progress, and solve complex problems throughout the software development life cycle.
- Ability to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences up to the senior leadership/C suite level.
- Ability to demonstrate lateral thinking required to solve complex technical problems to provide outside the box solutions.
- Ability to perform duties in a dynamic technological environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent combination of education and experience
Required Related Work Experience and Number of Years
IT Work experience designing/configuring systems/applications working - 10+
in development (restful service development, micro services, Springboot)
IT Work experience working with Relational Databases (SQL based) (experience should be commensurate with working in several areas of IT to understand a generalist perspective of the end to end lifecycle of a system) - 8+
Preferred Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
Experience working in Telecommunications industry
Technology agnostic and experience working with multiple technologies stacks
ISW703 306478 306478BR