Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the “big picture.” We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The “Stuff” it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it’s due and demonstrate transparency. We “bring the weather” by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures – not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.
About the Role:
The Principal Cloud Consultant will be the consultative technology leader and solution-focused subject matter expert who creates strong client intimacy with their technical expertise. The Principal Consultant will provide education, guidance and thought leadership on emerging technologies to our clients and will be responsible for a broad set of knowledge across public, private and hybrid cloud architectures. This position will have a strong understanding of how technology enables businesses to develop strategies and meet objectives. The Principal Consultant will focus on consulting and delivery activities to drive the Cloud Solutions Methodology by doing presentations and demos, writing proposals, assessing data centers and applications, architecting and deploying solutions, and documenting deliverables. The cornerstone of this role will also focus on building deep relationships, gaining trust, and enabling client success.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead client engagements as the Cloud SME to solve customer problems and translate customer requirements into deliverable services
- Create blueprints for hybrid cloud infrastructures centered around AWS and Azure (network, server, storage, and management software topologies)
- Gather technical requirements and facilitate sessions for building Hybrid Cloud solutions around AWS and Azure
- Lead the proposed solution including transitioning the build and implementation to the delivery team, and remain engaged with the client while becoming a “thought leader” for the next opportunity
- Ensure that a quality solution is delivered in a timely manner, within budget, and to our client's satisfaction
- Work closely with the client to understand and manage their expectations while simultaneously working closely with the Trace3 Team to ensure delivery
- Communicate Trace3’s value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users
- Establish strong and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers in client organizations
- Collaborate with Sales and Account Management team to develop sales playbooks outlining strategies for driving high value into strategic accounts
- Provide mentorship and training opportunities to the Regional Engineering team
- Contribute to the development of internal best practices as well as new innovative consulting services offerings that we can take to market
- Build a community and following around our company solutions and brand awareness
Qualifications & Interests:
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience with public, private and hybrid cloud architectures
- Experience working for a technology or consulting company with a focus on Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Minimum of Engineer or Architecture level of certification in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Strong expertise in designing technology solutions for Fortune 500 companies and presenting them to the client from proposal to implementation
- Knowledge and familiarity with adjacent technology areas including Network, Security, Identity and Access Management and Management and Monitoring
- Deep understanding of the current state of the art for infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL/NewSQL, networking, and cloud-based delivery models
- High level knowledge of automation platforms and tools (Terraform, Infrastructure as Code, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
- Technical Experience with either AWS, Azure, or GCP Public Cloud Platforms:
- Account structure, permissions hierarchy, networking constructs, high availability, ingress/egress
- Ability to mix deep technical expertise with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable, educational, and useful
- Must have a firm grasp on the industry and anticipate trends and movements while balancing maturity and timing
- Motivated self-starter who loves to solve challenging problems and feels comfortable working directly with customers
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, excellent time management skills and able to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, and evolving work environment
- Comfortable managing multiple and changing priorities, and meeting deadlines in an entrepreneurial environment
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.