Principal Cloud Engineer GCP & DevOps (R-11044) (Jacksonville, FL)
| Jacksonville, FL
Why We Work at Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet unlocks the power of data through analytics, creating a better tomorrow. Each day, we are finding new ways to strengthen our award-winning culture and accelerate creativity, innovation and growth. Our 6,000+ global team members are passionate about what we do. We are dedicated to helping clients turn uncertainty into confidence, risk into opportunity and potential into prosperity. Bold and diverse thinkers are always welcome. Come join us!
As a Principal Cloud Engineer in the Global Data Platforms Engineering team you will join a team of brilliant, friendly and energetic solutions architects, developers, QA engineers and project managers who strive to deliver best of breed solutions to our customers. Are you someone that can thrive in a high energy, high growth, fast paced environment? Then you might be just who we are looking for.
- Will be responsible for developing overall Cloud/Big Data architecture strategy, technical design, and other technical documentation to support various IT initiatives.
- Plan, configure, deploy cloud solutions in GCP
- Automating the build and configuration of IaaS based solutions in Google Cloud Platform along with AWS.
- Contribute ideas and insights to develop new technologies, proof of concepts, best practice, nor procedures that are creative and practical.
- Good written/oral communication, presentation, interactive skills with team across geography.
- Flexible to work either independently or with team.
- Must have at least 2+ Working knowledge of Google Cloud Platform and 6+ year in Cloud.
- Must have Experience hosting an application on GCP using Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud SQL, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage.
- Experience with infrastructure configuration management tools such as Terraform, SaltStack.
- Experience with Big Data on GCP – BigQuery, Pub/Sub, Dataproc, Dataflow and AWS EMR, Databricks.
- Good understanding of cloud design considerations and limitations and it’s impact on Pricing.
- Networking principles and protocols, Virtual Private Cloud, LoadBalancer, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, Google Stackdriver, etc.
- Proficient in a modern scripting language (preferably Python) for automation of build tasks.
- Experience in API, Microservice and implementation of it in AWS and GCP using Container AWS Fargate and Kubernetes based stack.
- Prior experience working with container technology such as Docker, version control systems (BitBucket), build management and CI/CD tools (Jenkins), and monitoring tools (NewRelic, etc.).
- Work closely with application/operations teams & resolve performance issues in cloud landscape.
- Any experience on elastic search, Solr, and other search engines is preferred.
- Advanced level certifications on public Cloud (AWS/GCP) or Big Data (Databricks, Cloudera, AWS) are highly desired.
- Generous paid time off, increasing with tenure.
- 100% paid parental leave after one year.
- Paid sick time to care for yourself or family members.
- Education assistance and extensive training resources.
- Do Good Program: Paid volunteer days & donation matching.
- Competitive 401k & Employee Stock Purchase Plan with company matching.
- Health & wellness benefits, including a Gympass membership.
- Medical, dental & vision insurance for you, spouse/partner & dependents.
- Learn more about our benefits: https://bit.ly/2VwyKQt !
FOR US APPLICANTS - Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO): Dun & Bradstreet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, genetic information, protected military and veteran status, ancestry, marital status, medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics) or any other characteristic protected by law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. View the pay transparency policy here.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to qualified candidates and employees. If you are interested in applying for employment with Dun & Bradstreet and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to [email protected]. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
More Information on Dun & Bradstreet
Dun & Bradstreet operates in the Analytics industry. The company is located in Short Hills, NJ, Center Valley, PA and New York, NY. Dun & Bradstreet was founded in 2022. It has 5353 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 177 open jobs at Dun & Bradstreet, click here.
Read Full Job Description