Principal Architect at Credera (Dallas, TX)
The Cloud Capability is the think-tank and engine of Credera’s cloud expertise. We’re experts in all things cloud, ranging from cloud-native application architecture to cloud migrations and advisory. We leverage cloud-native technologies in AWS, Azure, and GCP to create solutions for our clients. Within the Cloud Capability, you may work in the following areas: cloud native development, cloud platform engineering, cloud data ingestion, cloud migration & adoption or cloud strategy.
As a Principal Cloud Architect, you will lead one or more teams of skilled technologists, providing the proper leadership, strategic guidance, mentoring and development. You will leverage your expertise and background in delivering successful solutions and recommending additional services to your clients. You will build and nurture relationships with senior-management client stakeholders and actively develop account growth. You will serve an integral role in supporting the development and growth of Credera’s Cloud capability.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You have 10+ years of hands-on experience delivering cloud enterprise solutions across multiple domains in industry or technology consulting.
- You have 5+ years of experience leading teams that develop complex, high-volume, mission critical enterprise solutions built in the cloud.
- You have a deep understanding of cloud solution architecture in one or more major cloud service providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- You have technical knowledge and experience in many of these areas:
- Cloud Native Tooling
- AWS: Lambda, Aurora, EC2, Fargate, S3, etc.
- Azure: Functions, Queue Storage, Cosmos DB, App Services, etc.
- GCP: Compute Engine, GKE, Cloud Functions, etc.
- Cloud Platform Engineering
- Terraform, Cloud Formation,, Azure DevOps, Github Actions, etc.
- Cloud Data Engineering
- AWS: Athena, Glue, Redshift, etc.
- Azure: Blob Storage, Data Lake Analytics, etc.
- GCP: BigQuery, Looker, Cloud Storage, etc.
- Cloud Security Engineering
- AWS: Cognito, IAM, Guard Duty, Security Hub, etc
- Azure: AD, Advanced Threat Protection, etc.
- GCP: Chronicle Virus Total, Cloud Monitoring, etc.
- Cloud FinOps
- CloudHealth, Cloudability, Billing
- Cloud Migration Advisor
- AWS: DMS, Snow cone/ball/mobile, etc.
- Azure: Database Migration Services, etc.
- GCP: Migrate for Anthos and GKE, Ramp, Data Transfer Services
- Cloud Native Tooling
- You have a passion for technology and keep yourself up to date on the latest application and cloud development trends across all software development disciplines and processes.
- You are accomplished at mentoring, leading, and developing others.
- You have effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to engage with customers about their business, as well as their technology. You can handle complex organizational dynamics to deliver solutions to a client’s satisfaction.
- You think about account development strategies and how to grow the customer relationship and satisfaction.
WHO WE ARE:
- Credera is a full-service management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions firm, with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders.
- Credera has received a number of state and national awards, including:
- Fortune's Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services
- Fortune's Best Workplaces in Texas
- Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials
- Top Workplaces USA
- The Denver Post’s Top Workplaces
- The Dallas Morning News’ Top 100 Places to Work
- The Houston Business Journal Best Place to Work List
- Technology Solutions is Credera’s largest practice and focuses on Security and Privacy, Software Engineering, Data Science and Engineering, Cloud, Mobile and Modern Workplace.
- App Architecture & Delivery – We re-architect legacy and build greenfield applications natively on the cloud. We leverage cloud-native services (IAAS, PAAS, and FAAS) in our architectures to achieve superior results.
- Platform Engineering – We build landing zones and account structures. We leverage IAC tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform to provision cloud infrastructure in an automated and repeatable fashion. We provision users, monitor budget and cost, automate security/compliance checks, and perform Well- Architected Reviews to ensure best practices are followed.
- Cloud Data Ingestion – We ingest data into the cloud from global sources in a fast and cost-efficient manner. Working with Data Engineers, we support architectures which transform the data by leveraging cloud native services such as AWS S3 and Athena.
- Cloud Migration & Adoption- We advise clients on how to efficiently move workloads to the cloud (MRA/MRP), platform workload discovery and bundling and guide clients around common adoption hurdles.
- Cloud Strategy – We advise on how cloud may impact all areas of the business, from App Dev to Operations to Talent Acquisition. We advise and train our clients to work in a cloud-first environment, helping establish a Cloud COE at the client and recommend organization best-practices to leverage the cloud at scale.
HOW WE WORK:
- We work in small (typically 3-8 person) project teams that collaborate closely with clients to solve their toughest challenges
- Our teams are cross-functional – we bring our Cloud experts together with management consulting, experience design, software engineering, privacy and security, and other competencies to deliver robust, high-impact business and technology initiatives
- We typically work within Agile delivery teams, and own the project from start to finish for the client
- We adhere to Credera’s core values of integrity, excellence, professionalism, and humility at all times
Check out Credera’s Glassdoor reviews to read what our employees have to say!
Travel: Like what you hear but worried about high travel? Know that our goal is to keep travel to a minimum and most projects won’t require it. Most of our team members average below 30% total travel time.
Credera is a global boutique consulting firm specializing in management consulting, user experience, and technology solutions, with offices in Dallas, Houston, Denver, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Seattle, and New York. We work with clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to emerging industry leaders. We provide expert, objective advice to help solve complex business and technology challenges. Our deep capabilities in strategy, organization, process, analytics, technology, and user experience help our clients improve their performance. Clients depend on our ability to anticipate, recognize, and address their specific needs. Credera’s consultants work with some of the world’s best-known brands in a variety of industries, including one of the top five fast food chains, leading energy organizations, retailers, and airlines. More information is available at www.credera.com. We are part of the OPMG Group of Companies, a division of Omnicom Group Inc.
Along with a great company culture, we provide an outstanding compensation package including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit plan (e.g., medical, dental, disability, matching 401k, PTO, etc.). This position is an exempt position.