Principal Application Developer - C# Web at Ball Aerospace (East Bay)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Principal Application Developer - C# Web
The Development team creates and maintains web and desktop applications that augment and integrate Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) solutions. Primary solutions are internally business facing to support our design and manufacturing processes.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and maintain a suite of web applications that support one core COTS application. This includes maintenance, upgrades, and enhancements, as well as migrating legacy applications to common framework.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Responsible for adhering to the requirements and design specifications.
- Responsible for adhering to development standards set by architect.
- Contribute to and work with Software Architect in coding best practices and standards.
- Facilitate peer-programming and design sessions/reviews with team members.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Foster and be a leader of a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Collaborate with other Application Developers on problem analysis and resolution and provide support as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to others.
- Conduct technical training and facilitate other Application Developers’ learning.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must have front-end UI to middle-tier experience with some back-end familiarity.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and collaborative skills.
- 12 or more years of experience in application development in C# and ASP.Net.
- 4 or more years of experience with Entity Framework or equivalent ORMs.
- 4 or more years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server or equivalent Oracle experience.
- 4 or more years of experience with Git source control.
- 3 or more years of experience utilizing Agile/SCRUM Methodologies.
- Knowledge of web services and application integrations.
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is preferred:
- CSS, especially Twitter Bootstrap
- ASP.NET MVC
- .Net Core/.Net 5.0
- Telerik Kendo MVC Controls or other third-party controls
- WebApi, REST, WCF, or SOAP web services
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Design
- Team Foundation Services/Azure DevOps
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $121,500 - $167,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.