Platform Owner - Development & Integration (Remote) at Jack Link's Protein Snacks
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We're not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It's in our DNA. We've turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world's largest meat snack business, that's still proudly family owned and operated.
We're a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link's Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link's Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.Job Description
As respected key player the SAP Technical Lead / Platform owner for Development & Integration leads and guides the flow of information between the various OLTP & OLAP system landscapes, provides advisory recommendations on application development & integration domain to functional and development team, supports ongoing development, project activities and delivers innovative solutions that will increase our operational agility and enable our continued growth.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
Your work will be in the space of for Design, Development, Deployment and Maintenance of Integration processes between & within applications and will be critical to the delivery of digital solutions to Jack link’s and its business partners all over the world and teams across the organization
As an Integration Technical Lead, you will be responsible for the analysis, definition, design, construction, testing, installation, modification, and maintenance of properly engineered information systems to meet agreed business needs:
- Design and Implement – Integration processes between applications across cloud and/or on-premise by understanding business needs, defining high level integration solution architecture/design, conducting functional validation, reviewing test plans and executing full Agile from design through release
- Ensure completed modules provide all functionality described by application experts and meet performance guidelines
- Be a Team Player – work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, share information, value diverse ideas, interact with customer, partner with cross functional and remote teams
- Provide high-level analysis and design reviews to other members and groups within the department to avoid duplication of efforts in solving the same application problem within different products
- Be Curious & Innovative – continuously update yourself with next generation technology, development tools, and contribute to process development practices
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating capabilities within the company's products
- Be an Agile Person – with strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver solutions against strict timelines, drive backlog planning and scrums
- Be an Effective Communicator – articulate complex technical issues, and share ideas, participate in peer-reviews/design review boards, and exhibit strong listening skills
- Take Ownership – responsible for E2E delivery, develop estimates from delivery/architecture, lead geographically distributed teams, create and maintain project documentation, monitor risks/mitigation strategies with stakeholders and strive for improving efficiency of the solutions
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams to define and determine integration requirement
- Contribute in evolving a Customer’s vision by implementing methodologies, and procedures conforming to standard patterns and practices
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 5 - 8 years of experience in the field of Business Systems, IT and integration
- 6-10+ years of SAP ABAP Development experience, SAP Process
- Orchestration (SAP PO) & B2B integration
- Working experience including ABAP Restful Application programming & ABAP on HANA
- Working experience with development technologies that are offered through SAP Business Technology Platform for Integration & Extensibility concepts and SAP Intelligent technologies including Machine Learning, Intelligent Robotic Process Automation, Blockchain, and IoT
- 5+ years of experience in a Technical Lead role including experience with design, development and deployment of integration processes between applications in an enterprise or SaaS environment
- Working knowledge with Analysis, Design, and Implementation including SAP ABAP, SOA, Web services, XML/HTTP, REST HTML, Servlets and APIs
- Hands on design, development, deployment and maintenance of integration processes between applications across cloud and/or on-premise using API management tools including Cloud and Application Integration and Enterprise web services
- Managing, Monitoring, Sustaining, Troubleshooting and supporting existing Integrations and API management platforms
- Interface with both internal/external technical experts to drive system solution
- Provide technical expertise and peer code reviews to other team members
- Responsible for establishing best practices in services development, integration of applications and govern detailed designs
- Drive organization to improve data integrity, integration and quality
- Should be able to lead efforts, with minimal supervision, involving relevant Business/Process/IT teams, 3rd party resources and external trading partners
- Prior experience with integration within an SAP S/4 HANA environment required
- Certified in latest Integration Technologies
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
- Possess a solid understanding of the software development life cycle and proven project management techniques as well as familiar with systems security best practices
- Proven ability to design software solutions with general knowledge of available architectures and their strengths and weaknesses
- Experience documenting complex processes and presenting them in a clear and understandable format is required
- Ability to lead through ambiguity
- Strong bias to continuous learning
- Strong customer service orientation
- Demonstrated strong communication and influencing skills – oral, written, listening, executive presentations. Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and insurable
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Jack Link's is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jack Link's provides the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new Team Member’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We do not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that Jack Link’s has violated our responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.