Platform Cloud Engineer - Contract to Hire [Remote] at Braintrust
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract to Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: United States only - Remote
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $110 – $125/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
Contract to hire after 3 months
Our client offer you the chance to grow with a global energy. industry leader. Come join a team dedicated to enterprise Cloud Re-invention and API first mind set. The Platform Engineering Team is developing automation for infrastructure platforms to drive transformation within their enterprise environments and accelerate Cloud adoption. The complexities associated with the enterprise require a higher touch experience that assure efforts across numerous business units and geographies are both scalable and consistent. As a Platform Engineer you will help to deploy, manage, fix and reinvent the tools, services and components that Infrastructure engineers rely on to automate platform configuration/resources and keep them operational. Your internal customers are your Infrastructure engineering colleagues, and through close collaboration, support and exchange of ideas, they share a common goal to serve their customers and grow through learning and innovation.
What You Have (Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent working experience in related field
- AWS certified solutions architect associate is preferred
- Microsoft certified Identity and Access administrator Associate is preferred
- Microsoft certified Power Platform Fundamentals is preferred
- 3+ years of experience in agile software development
- 3+ years of experience working in a cloud environment
What you’ll be working on
- Simplifying and reinventing systems, processes, and tools to improve how they are consumed across the organization.
- Manage, grow, and innovate production-quality tools to solve real operational challenges for our operation and support teams.
- Investigate technical issues scientifically, thoroughly, and assist in troubleshooting and addressing root cause to avoid reoccurrence.
- Provide technical solutions to real business problems in a global organization.
- Analyze all platform level changes, monitor impact for same and provide appropriate technical solutions to resolve all issues efficiently.
- Develop technical roadmaps for future AWS cloud implementations
- Be a catalyst to deliver truly disruptive products that are growing rapidly.
- Define, build, own, and run a service in a high growth environment.
- Build and influence the tools and utilities that are part of our fleet running internal services
- Develop and design IAM solutions and automation processes.
- leverage Cloud APIs to build automation and Infrastructure as Code
- Maintain automation as products to enable self-service
- Adhere to strict continuous integration and continuous delivery practices to manage automation products
- Simplify the path from zero to production for our engineers, abstracting their intent from irrelevant implementation details
What you’ll need
- A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in a large – scale network environment
- Hands-on system administration experience with Linux and Windows operating systems
- Demonstrable experience in using development languages such as Python, PowerShell, Perl, Java, Go, Ruby, Shell or other languages, to build reusable tools
- Experience automating software deployments and following a continuous delivery and deployment (CI/CD) model
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and DevOps environments
- Practical knowledge of system architectures and networking
- Experience leading technical and functional solutions through discoveries, design, planning, implementation and support lifecycle
- Understanding of cloud computing design and security principles (AWS/Microsoft)
- Understanding of Identity platforms (Ex. AAD, AD)
- Understanding of virtual application and desktop delivery platforms (Ex. Citrix Cloud)
- Understanding of Integration platforms (Ex. MS PowerPlatform)
- Experience writing technical documentation for a technical audience
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimum direction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What You'll Learn
- You'll learn to work in a innersource community
- You'll learn to promote self-service using automation
- You'll learn to maintain everything-as-code
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.