Primary Location: United States (US) - North Dakota - Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: PL Part-Time Student-Product Engineering-Fargo ND - 82222
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule. Potential positions that the student will perform include but not limited to Electronic Design, Software Design, Test Design, Product Validation, and Supply Management.
- Work closely with supervisor or other engineering personnel to support product testing, design, and review.
- Support the maintenance of documentation for each design in a neat and organized fashion for approval by superior and other engineering personnel.
- Performs other engineering tasks as directed under the supervision of an engineering supervisor or mentor.
- Both on the job and classroom training will be provided.
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in electrical/computer engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date of December 2022 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- 10+ hours/week during the academic year
- 35-40 hours/week during the summer semester
- Must be able to commute to the work location on a daily basis
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of a programming language
- Understanding of basic hardware circuits
- Knowledge of test and design tools
- Understanding of microprocessor/microcontrollers
- Knowledge of power electronics and motor testing
- Understanding of LabVIEW programming language
- FEA and mechanical design knowledge
- Modeling, simulation and software experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.