Performance Engineer at Hopin (Remote)
At Hopin, we’re reimagining events. Our mission is simple: we exist to make the world feel closer.
Founded in 2019, Hopin brings brands and communities together around highly interactive and engaging experiences. We believe that people should have access to the conversations, moments and ideas they care most about, no matter where they are. Through our highly scalable platform, participants are able to learn, engage, and connect from anywhere in the world.
Hopin started as a virtual events solution but we have since meaningfully expanded our offering from virtual events to hybrid and in-person events, as well as video and workplace collaboration products. This growth has been fueled by a series of strategic acquisitions, including: Boomset - an all-in-one event management platform; Attendify - advancing Event Marketing products; StreamYard - unveiling a video production Studio; video hosting service Streamable and video technology company Jamm.
Listed as one of the 2021 Fast Company Best Workplaces for Innovators, Hopin has scaled to 800+ employees working remotely across 47 countries. Valued at $7.75B, Hopin raised a $450M Series D round of financing and is backed by top tier investors, including Arena Holdings, Altimeter Capital, Adam Street Partners, Untitled Investments, XN Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, General Catalyst, GIC, IVP, Northzone, Salesforce Ventures, Slack, Temasek and Tiger Global.
Hopin is seeking a creative and driven Performance Engineer with experience in cloud technologies that can help us build out the approach and strategy for continuous performance engineering in Hopin’s cloud environments.
We’re looking for a true self-starter, problem solver, someone who enjoys digging deeper and has a need to understand systems and how they’re wired. This person will have experience with performance & reliability analysis and the ability to develop their own analysis tools (with open-source technology) and performance testing tools.
Hopin’s Tech stack is built on AWS and includes EKS/K8s, Aurora/Postgres, SendDarkly, Redis and Ruby on Rails. In the performance department we use various testing tools such as JMeter, K6, Playwright, Puppeteer, Lighthouse and value experience with CI/CD pipelines. We're not looking for an expert in all of these areas, but a demonstrated experience in Performance Engineering and testing is a must.Responsibilities
- Perform root cause analysis and suggest remedies for performance issues identified by performance testing
- Handle the load testing environment - build, run, monitor, and report on the load and performance tests
- Drive a Performance Engineering mentality into the Hopin organisation
- 3+ years of performance testing experience working on distributed systems at scale
- Extensive experience running performance tests against systems, and organising and sharing performance results
- Experience maintaining complex test data and load testing environments
- Experience in custom load testing frameworks and load testing in CI/CD environments
- Familiarity with distributed performance testing tools, such as JMeter, Gatling, Blazemeter, etc.
- Experience with telemetry/diagnostic systems e.g Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog, etc.
- Good SQL, and NoSQL database knowledge
- Kubernetes, Docker and containerisation experience
- Good knowledge of version control
- Experience in load testing video
- Experience in performance tuning
- Knowledge of Git and GitHub
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- You enjoy working in fast paced startup environments
- You probably have a computer science background, or something similar
- You’re a concise, accurate communicator
- You dig deep to find out the facts, support them with data, and enjoy learning new things on your own
- You’re an excellent collaborator
- You win support for your initiatives
- You get others to effect changes by persuading whoever necessary
- Fully remote, global team
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Dell (Windows)
- Health Insurance Support
- Parental Leave
- $1000 USD for Home-Office Set up
- $100 USD monthly remote work stipend
- $1500 USD for Learning & Development
Where and How We Hire
Being a remote company enables us to hire the best talent around the world. We can engage with you in any of our jurisdictions listed below, all you need to do is demonstrate the legal right to work and be physically present in that country. Some roles may have specific workforce location requirements which will be noted on the job description.
- Entity: Canada, Germany, UK, USA
- Employer of Record: Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Australia
- Full Time Contractor (Self Employed): Argentina, Belgium, Bulgaria, Costa Rica, Denmark, Estonia, Honduras, Hungary, Jamaica, Kenya, Lithuania, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, U.A.E., Uruguay
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.