Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Is leadership in your DNA? Make your mark as a manager for our Site Reliability Engineers who craft and maintain services for Atlassians everywhere. This diverse position will provide technical leadership and mentorship through pairing, daily stand-ups, project management and ongoing support. You'll ensure that commitments stay on track, remove any roadblocks, and facilitate timely decision-making. You'll also collaborate with other teams across Atlassian to exchange expertise and ensure project and operational support is coordination and handled smoothly.
More about you
- The best person for this role is someone that has a collaborative spirit - in our world, it's not about being a hero and having all the answers, it's about sometimes saying "I don't know" and working on finding solutions rather than starting with an assumption. The team needs someone who can ask questions, learn from others and turn chaos into order.
- On your first day, we will expect you to have:
- 5+ years of experience managing a team of site reliability engineers responsible for mission critical services
- A real passion for problem solving and an ability to find technical solutions to business problems
- Solid experience in hands-on cloud infrastructure - preferably in fast growing environment
- Agile project management exposure from inception to delivery
- Experience with identifying useful metrics, meeting benchmarks, and crafting service level agreements (SLAs) with your team
- Understanding of Linux systems (Bash and Python experience is a desirable)
- Experience with managing and supporting core Atlassian products, such as Jira and Confluence
- Building, automating, and maintaining infrastructure in Amazon Web Services
- It is great, but not required, if you have:
- Experience with development frameworks and languages
- Exposure to and maintenance of configuration management and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Puppet
- Understanding of ITIL frameworks for incident and problem management
More about our team
- As a IT Platform Engineering Team Lead at Atlassian, you'll work in a global team focussed on delivering highly available and performant services and platforms. You will be exposed to multiple technology disciplines, including identity management, AWS, Kubernetes, networking, virtualisation and 'everything as a service'. You will manage the design, delivery and support of Atlassian solutions for our rapidly growing company, while ensuring availability, consistency and scalability.
- We require everyone to be well-rounded and continuously learn new things. With so many skilled technology people already here and willing to share, what you learn is only limited by your dream to do so. Innovation and continuous improvement are what motivate us, so if you're up for it, you can do it all here with us!
Atlassian. Powered by you.
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .