Payload Engineer at Novetta (Baltimore, MD)
Accenture Federal Services delivers a range of innovative, tech-enabled services for the U.S. Federal Government to address the complex, sensitive challenges of national security and intelligence missions.
Refer a qualified candidate and earn up to $10K. Learn more here >
Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer
mission success. Novetta is committed to cultivating a diverse, inclusive workplace culture,
embracing our differences and perspectives to build a stronger, more successful company.
We are seeking a Payload Support Engineer - FSR for an opening located in Columbia, MD to work as
part of a systems and software engineering team to design, implement, test and troubleshoot software
and hardware solutions in support of C4ISR product applications, system infrastructure, and Persistent
Surveillance Systems - Tethered (PSS-T) operations. The C4ISR product application is comprised of a
tactical and enterprise level MULTI-INT geospatial Command and Control (C2) system that synthesizes
data from a vast array of sensors and systems, providing real-time visualization of the data within a
geospatial common operating picture (COP) of their mission environment. This position might require
CONUS travel to support PSS-T system installation, sustainment, and troubleshooting.
- Be a SME for integrating and maintaining PSS-T mission system radars, cameras, radios and similar sensor payloads within Columbia, MD SIL and Yuma Proving Ground (YPG)
- Support the installation, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting of system product applications, sensor suite, and overall system
- Assist with the creation of software, sensor, and system installation, and configuration documentation of the different payloads within each PSS-T tactical system
- Provide reach-back support to customer sites to install, configure, test, and troubleshoot the C4ISR product application, sensor suite, and system in support of field exercises, demonstrations, evaluations and military operations
- If requested, temporarily deploy to Program sites to support system installation, configuration, sustainment and troubleshooting
- College degree (B.S.) in a technical field or Military Related Experience
- 5+ years of experience as a professional software engineer, system engineer or deployment engineer
- 5+ years installing, configuring, testing, and troubleshooting customer-facing software, sensors, and complex Multi-INT systems
- 2+ years experience documenting technical specifications
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, System Engineering
- Experience working with the PSS-T system or other Project Manager Terrestrial Sensors systems
- Advanced knowledge of the Windows operating system (knowledge of Linux also is a plus)
- Capable of working independently and managing your own workload to meet deadlines
- Strong ability to write system configuration scripts in PowerShell and/or bash
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
- Experience with US DoD systems engineering / DODAF a plus
- Must have an active Secret security clearance
US Citizenship required.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture Federal Services
Accenture Federal Services is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role. Accenture Federal Services is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women. Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
The safety and well-being of our candidates, our people and their families continues to be a top priority. Until travel restrictions change, interviews will continue to be conducted virtually. Subject to applicable law, please be aware that Accenture requires all employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Accenture will consider requests for accommodation to this vaccination requirement during the recruiting process.
What We Believe
We have an unwavering commitment to diversity with the aim that every one of our people has a full sense of belonging within our organization. As a business imperative, every person at Accenture has the responsibility to create and sustain an inclusive environment. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities. Read more here
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.