Part-Time Student-Electrical Systems Engineer-Ames IA-Partial Remote at John Deere
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identify or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa - Ames
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Part-Time Student-Electrical Systems Engineer-Ames IA-Partial Remote - 89404
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
The Part-Time Student Program is primarily designed to augment the Company's regular full-time staff and is for students who work in parallel to their school schedule YEAR-ROUND.
As a Part-Time Electrical Systems Engineer for John Deere located at the John Deere Technology Innovation Center in Ames, Iowa, you will:
- Define the electrical system for the windrower to meet the system requirements
- Select appropriate electrical components to meet the functional system requirements
- Work with the design team to define software requirements for control systems of moderate complexity for new product programs
What Skills You Need
- Ideally you will be pursuing a degree in Electrical or Software Engineering; others may apply
- Must be registered as a full-time student at a local accredited university
- Graduation date of May 2023 or later
- Cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above
- Available to work during the academic year
- Available to work during the summer semester
- May work remote during academic year and onsite during summer semester
What Makes You Stand Out
- Good interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Prior internship or relevant work experience in Engineering
NOTE: For Iowa State University students, this assignment will qualify for ISU course credit as a co-op/internship position working 20 hours per week.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extend authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried and Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.